You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo sluggish after last update

I noticed it right after the latest update but have been too busy to post until now. Is anyone else experiencing sluggish with the desktop app?

For me, it's been simple stuff. I bring in a pic from my camera and try to use things like the blemish removal tool, it is very sluggish until I resize it to something like 1000 X whatever.

Also, when I add a Levels adjustment layer, the histogram does not always show, but the sliders work. And, in the layers menu the icon is sometimes grayed out.

Any one experiencing this?

I've not experienced this ... yet. But I haven't been doing anything serious in Photo these past few weeks (my last serious project was in the previous version). However, I am finding that Designer is extremely sluggish ... at least on Windows 10 (and I've reported that in another thread).

I just read another post about the latest official release being sluggish and it was suggested to try the beta (available via a link in the beta forums). I did test Designer and the sluggishness I had been experiencing was resolved. You might want to give the Photo beta a try to see if it resolves your issues. If it does, then the next official release should fix these issues.

• Staff
8 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I noticed it right after the latest update but have been too busy to post until now. Is anyone else experiencing sluggish with the desktop app?

For me, it's been simple stuff. I bring in a pic from my camera and try to use things like the blemish removal tool, it is very sluggish until I resize it to something like 1000 X whatever.

Also, when I add a Levels adjustment layer, the histogram does not always show, but the sliders work. And, in the layers menu the icon is sometimes grayed out.

Any one experiencing this?

Could you please go to View > Studio and make sure he info tab is unticked? We have identified a bug with this tab that causes the app to have poor performance.

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.