You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager spamming me with Notifications. Linked resource changed.

1. Are you using the latest release version? yes. 1.7.1.404
    (here's how to check)
  2. Can you reproduce it?.   Change any Image in my folder of Linked images, 
  3. Does it happen for a new document? Don't know.  No time to check.
  4. Windows 10.
  •    What happened for you .  Resource Manager notifies that ALL files change, when only ONE has been updated.
  •    Provide a recipe for creating the problem.  Change a File in Affinity Photo, for example. Save.  Then publisher RM goes crazy.
  •    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video.  Attached.
  •    Any unusual hardware. Not really, regular workstation.

Image 050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting this same thing with a Publisher file, 94 pages and 30 or so Designer files with multiple artboards. 

File and all the backups of the same file I've made get stuck loading at about 75% of the document. App freezes up and have to force quit. Using MAC, 1.7.1 or beta 1.7.042 doesn't matter if embedded or linked - tried both. Seems to be one of the Designer files. Can't figure it out. Moved entire folder of files out of path you would expect Publisher to find not them.

Screen-shot-Publisher.thumb.jpg.271079f24b1f7510436f304e4242f824.jpg

If you can upload the document and others can open it, it should conform if this is a linked image/resource problem or not

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

@Sef Pinney Design I'm interested if you can reproduce this in the current beta? I found a recipe for this "spam" the other day, but that recipe is fixed in the current beta.

@curtsheller I've looked at your file with regards to the load times in another thread, but do you have a recipe for reproducing this spam with what you sent me? All the files were embedded from what I could see in what you sent so I'm quite surprised you are seeking messages relating to linked files. I can see you are in the beta so am interested to see if I can reproduce it there.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

43 minutes ago, Jon P said:

@Sef Pinney Design I'm interested if you can reproduce this in the current beta? I found a recipe for this "spam" the other day, but that recipe is fixed in the current beta.

@curtsheller I've looked at your file with regards to the load times in another thread, but do you have a recipe for reproducing this spam with what you sent me? All the files were embedded from what I could see in what you sent so I'm quite surprised you are seeking messages relating to linked files. I can see you are in the beta so am interested to see if I can reproduce it there.

I just trying to get the file to fully load, embedded or linked - has issue either way. I have back ups at various stages and they will not load as well. All get stuck at around 70 + or - %. Originally had files linked and had problem.

Went with embedded to see if that would resolve it. It worked for a bit then back to same problem with opening/loading file, in addition the alerts of modified files went opening the embedded version.

Actually moved folder that had all art/placed files to desktop, out of folder that has around file still won't load.

Did file actually fully load I sent?

Trying a few things this morning.

Curt