You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing repeatedly on resizing canvas

Doesn't happen every time, roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the time...

Doc is JPG 1920x1080.  Resize canvas in proportion to 1238 pixels high, anchor center.  Bam!

MacBook Pro 2018, 10.14.5,  Photo 1.7.1. Nothing too weird hardware wise, Thunderbolt dock feeding a few things inc. external widescreen monitor.

Edit: actually you can have a file this is happening with, just uploaded.  First time I edited this particular file it caused the crash.  Subsequent attempt worked.  Just tried it again for shits & giggles, first time caused the crash again, second time it worked OK.

Slide5.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Dampsquid,
I'm not able to crash the program with your file when resizing the canvas. Do you mind attaching your crash report here please? Press and hold alt, then drag the icon from the crash report window's title bar to your desktop to create a copy of the crash report then attach that file to your reply. Have this started happening after the last update or did you bought the application now?

Hi MEB

I'm not getting a crash window... When I click 'resize' the app window vanishes, nothing else appears.  On restarting Photo, it's as if nothing had happened, I get the usual splash screen, and that's it...  I did find the attached in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. Hope that's the same thing?

I can't answer whether it's since the last update definitively.  I have had Photo since pretty much it's initial release - I have not had this issue previously, but I don't use Photo daily.

Affinity Photo_2019-07-08-123424_Porter-McBook.crash

Affinity Photo_2019-07-08-125010_Porter-McBook.crash

Followed instructions.  Ran perhaps 12-15 attempts, two crashes.  So it seems the answer is 'yes, but less often'.  Not very definitive, but as you can imagine repeatedly running this is time consuming and somewhat boring :-/. I should probably go and do some revenue generating work now... :-D