You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Floating Close Buttons (cosmetic UI issue)

There's an odd and ugly "floating" circular "close" element on some of the info panels in Affinity Designer. Visually it doesn't even seem to belong to the info box (see screenshot, the black thing with the cross behind the window).

Personal Opinion: Why are there two separate elements offering the same function on such small panel? Wouldn't the normal and proper "Close" button be enough?

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 3.53.15 PM.png

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

• 5 weeks later...

That's on Yosemite (with all the "latest" or rather last updates).

Not sure what to record. It just pops up like that instantly. Nothing special to see. :)   Occasionally I managed to open it up normally while further testing. Certainly feels like some timing/ race issue (maybe my hardware —an ageing Mac mini with Intel graphics—  too slow?)

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot