You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I have some explanation of these from tech spec on the website?

Professional Printing

• Full CMYK handling and ICC profiles
  • Spot colours (for desktop only) What do we mean? I did a PDF with Pantone on my iPad and it does show the right pantone separations. Can we explain this? 
  • Overprint controls (for desktop only) This is so important for designers. When this will be implemented on the iPad. 
  • Trim, bleed and crop marks
  • New
     Bleed preview Bug on the PDF export hopefully soon fixed

Guys, I can't say how pleased we are all with this but I also want to point out (again) that on iPad graphic designer are left out with important features that are on the desktop. Please don't forget that you have a lot of people that are finding great and useful to for on iPad. There is an evolution of how to be a graphic designer that doesn't always require a Mac/Windows desktop/laptop.

So hope we can see soon: Pantone swatch search feature, overprint, PDF export bleed fixed, linked images (both iPad and desktop) instead of embedded images. These just a few.

Said that you are great and hope critics will be well accepted as compliments and also that some response will be given to Graphic designers.

Best 

Marco

• Staff

Hi marcoborghesi :)

21 hours ago, marcoborghesi said:

Full CMYK handling and ICC profiles

Designer iOS can open and convert to CMYK, as well as being able to import custom ICC profiles through the settings of the app.

Spot colours (for desktop only) 

Although you can add Pantone Swatches correctly on the iPad as spot colour, you can't currently define your own spot colours so we mark this as a desktop feature.

Overprint controls (for desktop only

We hope to include these on the iPad but we have no timescale for this currently, my apologies.

• Bleed preview Bug on the PDF export hopefully soon fixed

This has been fixed in our latest internal beta and we hope to roll this out as soon as possible!

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, they are more than appreciated. I've moved this thread to Feature Requests for our devs to see and consider! :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi marcoborghesi :)

Designer iOS can open and convert to CMYK, as well as being able to import custom ICC profiles through the settings of the app.

Although you can add Pantone Swatches correctly on the iPad as spot colour, you can't currently define your own spot colours so we mark this as a desktop feature.

We hope to include these on the iPad but we have no timescale for this currently, my apologies.

This has been fixed in our latest internal beta and we hope to roll this out as soon as possible!

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, they are more than appreciated. I've moved this thread to Feature Requests for our devs to see and consider! :) 

Hi Dan C thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate you are really open of suggestions.

Thank you for the explantion on the spot. Now it does make sense. Well I hope this will be a urgent addition to the ipad version too otherwise as graphic designers we will be a bit tied on our work as you know for sure that it’s a really important feature.

Also hoping to see really soon too the overprint function. Still as graphic designers you can’t have an ipad with this feature.

Can’t wait the to see the next update and have the PDF bleed fixed.

Thank you so much anyway for the great work.

Marco