You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher StudioLink not seeing Designer and Photo

I have licensed copies of Designer and Photo both bought through the Mac App Store. I bought Publisher from Affinity (not the App Store) and downloaded it this morning. Clicking on the Designer or Photo icons brings up StudioLink which tells me that neither Designer or Photos is installed. Both were running. This has to be an issue with how the three products are registered to me and I can't see a way to fix it. Any ideas?

• Staff

Hi Occulled,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Both Designer and Photo must be launched at least once before Publisher recognises them. If you had them already running when you launched Publisher, they may have not been recognised. So close Affinity Designer and Photo. Make sure you also have updated both to the latest version. Then run Publisher again. Publisher should then recognise them.

Hello MEB,

Tried that three times and StudioLink still not seeing the either app. Designer and Photo were bought when I was using a different email address and registered to that. Publisher is registered to me current email address so would that cause the problem?

36 minutes ago, Occulled said:

I have licensed copies of Designer and Photo both bought through the Mac App Store. I bought Publisher from Affinity (not the App Store) ... . Clicking on the Designer or Photo icons brings up StudioLink which tells me that neither Designer or Photos is installed. Both were running. This has to be an issue with how the three products are registered to me and I can't see a way to fix it. Any ideas?

Are your Designer and Photo versions 1.7.1 . I have the same setup Designer and Photo from the Mac App Store and Publisher from the Affinity store, I had to update the Photo and Designer to 1.7.1 (And run them each once) before they would work with Publisher and the Studio link.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello Old Bruce,

That would be it then as both are 1.6.1. I checked them both this morning for updates and none were available so I assumed that they were up-to-date. Right I'll go and see about some updates. Thank you for letting me know.

• Staff

You will need to look in the Mac App Store using the AppleID you bought them on.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have the same problem. I have register Photo and Publisher bought directly from Affinity. Bought programs are 1.7.1. I am running a Mac Hi Sierra. I have close both programs and open both programs and Studiolink still does not see program.

What I have had to resort to on occasion is deleting the application from the Application's folder and then just downloading from the Mac App Store's Purchased section.

You should try using the Command + R (Refresh) while you are in the Updates section first though, or just log out and in again to the account sometimes does the trick.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I'll try the Command-R first. I came to the same conclusion that I would have to download both apps again to get the latest versions. I was hoping the later version would overwrite the earlier one: Capture One gives the option to do this, but from what you say it looks like I have to delete the earlier versions first, ho hum.

I got affinity designer about yesterday, and i'm having some troubles with the other persona to work as well. I know some people say restart the personas I got all mine from the affinity website. Because i'm not a mac user, but yeah. I'm also trying that command +R thing not seeing anything work. I have updated my version, and I've tried to se how to go into it from program file/affinity/common/ 1.0 I just want to make sure if i do that that do i delete all the ones that say 1.0 api -ms-win but yeah if anyone can help. It would be appreciated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Davonnie said:

I got affinity designer about yesterday, and i'm having some troubles with the other persona to work as well. I know some people say restart the personas I got all mine from the affinity website. Because i'm not a mac user, but yeah. I'm also trying that command +R thing not seeing anything work. I have updated my version, and I've tried to se how to go into it from program file/affinity/common/ 1.0 I just want to make sure if i do that that do i delete all the ones that say 1.0 api -ms-win but yeah if anyone can help. It would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Since you’re not a Mac user, you won’t have a Command key and therefore can’t try “that command +R thing”!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, Alfred said:

Since you’re not a Mac user, you won’t have a Command key and therefore can’t try “that command +R thing”!

Also, "that command +R thing” suggestion is for reloading the Mac App Store window, so it doesn't apply Windows users to begin with.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

31 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Also, "that command +R thing” suggestion is for reloading the Mac App Store window, so it doesn't apply Windows users to begin with.

I know that and you know that, but:

16 hours ago, Davonnie said:

I'm also trying that command +R thing

It seemed reasonable to point out that a fellow Windows user couldn’t try it somewhere on their system, including (but not limited to) the MAS that we don’t have!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

35 minutes ago, Alfred said:

It seemed reasonable to point out that a fellow Windows user couldn’t try it somewhere on their system, including (but not limited to) the MAS that we don’t have!

But is it reasonable to assume that none of your fellow Windows users are using a keyboard with a CMD key on it ... like the Anker BT keyboard that I know you have?  stirthepot.gif :72_imp:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7