You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Converting to Facing Pages freezed Publisher

Hi,

I imported a PDF file created with InDesign CS6 into Publisher 1.7.1 Mac. The pages were all single pages.

When I tried to convert them to facing pages in Document Setup, Publisher showed the spinning ball, and went on forever.

The document is ab. 14 MB and a little more than 100 pages. A very simple design and a lot of TIFF images (but I guess it is converted to the internal format after import).

Paolo

• Staff

I would expect the program to take a fair bit of time to convert 100 pages from single to facing, especially if they contain a lot of images. Did it ever complete or did the app hang (as in was the cpu usage still high?) 

If you want to attach the PDF I can import it and try it here

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment, I'm converting to facing pages a document I created by importing from a short PDF file. It is taking forever. Probably not hanged, since it is working at high CPU.

It's an area I would suggest to investigate on more.

Paolo

EDIT: Definitely, half an hour for repaginating 12 pages of text, and still not completed, makes me suspect it is indeeed hanged.

Jon, may I privately mail you a file, without publishing here in the open?