You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when developing with noise reduction

9 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The next time you get a crash

Why the “next time”, Chris? Shouldn’t the file from the last time still be there?

can you go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and copy the info and then paste it here so we can get a bit more info

That would probably make for a lot of scrolling — awkward on an iPad! — to reach the next post in this thread. I always use the ‘Share’ button to save the *.ips file to somewhere (e.g. cloud storage, or Documents by Readdle) from where I can add it to my post as an attachment.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Why the “next time”, Chris? Shouldn’t the file from the last time still be there?

The post was from over an hour ago so other apps may have written info to this location meaning the bit we want might not be at the top. It also saves the OP wading through multiple entries.

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That would probably make for a lot of scrolling — awkward on an iPad!

It would but I'm reading this on an iPad :) I've also split it from the main thread it was originally posted in so I'm not worried about getting to the next post.

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I always use the ‘Share’ button to save the *.ips file to somewhere (e.g. cloud storage, or Documents by Readdle) from where I can add it to my post as an attachment.

That would work too.

11 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The post was from over an hour ago so other apps may have written info to this location meaning the bit we want might not be at the top. It also saves the OP wading through multiple entries.

My analytics data list is sorted in alphabetical order, with no obvious way to change it, so the files relating to Designer are about halfway down (with the oldest one at the top instead of the bottom).

11 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It would [make for a lot of scrolling] but I'm reading this on an iPad :) I've also split it from the main thread it was originally posted in so I'm not worried about getting to the next post.

Ah, no, what I meant was that a follow-up post from you or the OP (or me sticking my oar in again!) would be below screeds of stuff copied and pasted from the IPS file. :)

Alfred spacer.png

Its not yet fixed. Just checked the beta out. But its reproducible by switching on noise reduction in develop persona than change some settings and try to develop. AP is working a while before getting closed. Error analysis shows an EXEC_BAD_ACCESS Error, what means AP is trying to read/write on an memory address where it seems to be not allowed. 

Peter Pokorny crash noise develop.txt

On 7/2/2019 at 1:25 AM, Chris B said:

It would but I'm reading this on an iPad :) I've also split it from the main thread it was originally posted in so I'm not worried about getting to the next post.

That would work too.

Hi Chris B, I have some night shots that are very dark and have just spent some time on two of them trying to reproduce the topic of crashing while using noise reduction on RAW files in Develop Persona.  I can not produce a crash.  I am using the latest beta version and have used the noise reduction numerous times without a crash.  So could you explain what exactly is the bug that seems to be the problem that is stated in this post by Peter Pokorny.  

As well please explain to this user exactly how to post a crash report without the entire thing taking taking up so much space in this forum.   

• Staff
14 hours ago, p_mac said:

So could you explain what exactly is the bug that seems to be the problem that is stated in this post by Peter Pokorny.

I can't reproduce it either. I can see where it's crashing from the crash report but I'll leave it with dev to figure out what's causing it.

I'll hide the crash report as I can copy and paste it into a Notepad file. 

14 hours ago, p_mac said:

As well please explain to this user exactly how to post a crash report without the entire thing taking taking up so much space in this forum.

As per my first post to this thread, use the ‘Share’ button. Once shared, you can use the ‘Click to choose files’ link below the message composition pane and then browse to whatever location you chose at the previous step.

23C9820D-1344-4E9D-85F4-BF11753A2CAF.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.