You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tens of thousands of objects can't be handled by AD

Not sure if people out there are using AD like me but I am designing a t-shirt that requires lots of small objects that make a distressed look of the shirt. AD struggles so much and I have to wait seems like forever for it to even make a simple change of color to all these objects. Seriously disappointed as this is supposed to be the fastest vector program in the world.

post-733-0-71604000-1433254528_thumb.png

That is a little different to "Hundreds". The only thing I've noticed about the viewport is things render faster depending on how far away you are, like a region of interest. You could also try grouping some of these? That seems to have some effect on viewport performance.

Affinity dev should have a good idea of performance caps but I'm fairly certain I've seen affinity handle more objects than that.

Well I just remembered why I need this to be vector. T-shirt screen prints are all made from vector graphics so that they can burn the screens needed for each color that will lay on the t-shirt. So I believe I will need to rely on a tracing app to do this part. I just bought Image Vectorizer but not sure if I'm happy with what it does yet.

@evtonic3: Have you tried putting a colour filter on top of the layout rather than selecting all objects and changing their colour? This way you only change one object (the filter). Would love to play around with the file … do you mind sharing it?