You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I get rid off white text background

I’ve copied some text from a PDF-document on the iPad and pasted in Affinity Designer (in a text frame). Upon closer inspection I see a white background behind the text (not the text frame). How do I get rid of this background, I can’t find an option that correlates to this white background anywhere.

AAFBDE85-E25C-43E5-BB4C-6983B1156693.png

• Staff

Hi Joakim Svensson,

Unfortunately this is a bug at the moment it is logged with our developers to be fixed in a future version.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 year later...

Hi I’m having the same issue on my ipad Affinity Photo too - every time I type text it seems to give it a red background which seeMs to be no way to remove.  Any fixes on this? And this is happening without safari being open.

Edited by Suchet

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Suchet. :)

This issue has been fixed in the 1.9 beta versions (for both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer on iPad).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Suchet. :)

This issue has been fixed in the 1.9 beta versions (for both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer on iPad).

Still having the same problem in Designer and Photo on Ipad Pro in the final releases! 😞

It is very easy!

1. Copy the text you want from the internet site.

2. Put it in a text frame! It will have a white background!

3. Mark and copy the text in this frame!

4. Open a second text frame and put in the text you have copied from the first frame!

5. The text has now no (or maybe transparent) background!

Of course a possibility to change the text background colour like in the desktop version would be easier!

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Lvanrem said:

This annoying bug is still not fixed, and thus I cannot use this great app on my iPad. Very annoying!

I tried this and initially couldn’t get it to work (but after following moderator advice) it worked perfectly. In fact I was able to copy this sites text from safari and paste it in photo without having a white background.

When pasting style, don’t select text, just select the text frame.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I am a brand new user, and just spent an disturbing amount time trying to figure out what I could possibly be missing, and I see now that it is a four year old bug that just puts a solid color background behind all text. I had some hope that affinity’s apps would finally make working on an iPad feasible, but this sort of thing makes me doubt i will go past the 30 day trial. Text being basically unusable in an app is not a bug. It’s the aliens from Starship Troopers. Please someone tell me there is a fix for this that doesn’t involve running a gauntlet of tedium. 

• 2 months later...