You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

quitting Topaz Studio plugin on mac

I used Topaz Studio after I added it to the plugins and it opened and worked fine. I saved the file I made to my desktop and then tried to close Studio. The quit option was not available, and the only way i could close it was to use force quit. Any help?

Hi blacknight,

I have Topaz Studio and all my the Topaz plugins working fine but i don't usually save within the plugin itself, unless i'm using it as stand alone program. I click OK after i've finished, which opens the image back in Affinity Photo and automatically closes Topaz Studio. Trying to close Topaz Studio when it was opened within Affinity might be the issue.

• Staff

Hi blacknight,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you have invoked the plugin through the Filters menu in Affinity Photo, pressing OK on the bottom right corner of the plugin interface after you have made the changes you wanted will return the image back to Affinity Photo and close the plugin window for you. You can then save the image as usual from Affinity. When invoked this way the Quit Topaz menu entry is greyed out  however you can still close it clicking the close window button on the top left of the plugin (if you are using a Mac which seems to be the case) or the X on the top right of the plugin window if you are using Windows. No need to Force Quit the plugin.