You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

exporting backgrounds, there is an extra 1-pixel wide frame line

Export error. Help me figure this out (may be not a bug).

I export resources for game developers
They complain that when exporting backgrounds, there is an extra 1-pixel wide frame line

I did an experiment. Here are his results. How do I get the program to remove this pixel? 

Here are examples before and after export.  I have a lot of resources and fixing them with my hands in another editor wasn't the right option for me

Help me understand my problem

Affinity Designer 2019-07-01 02.13.30.jpg

Make sure that the affected objects have their X/Y coordinates (see the Transform panel) that are integer pixel values, and their Height and Width are integer pixel values. Note that you may need to increase the number of decimal places displayed for pixel measurements, using Preferences, User Interface.

It is easiest, usually, to ensure this by setting Force Pixel Alignment in the Snapping options, and by setting Move by Whole Pixels off.

Thanks for the example. If you look at the placement of the layer "back ground V3" you will see:

image.png.e98681cdb502dcf583d4765c319f8dcb.png

If you nudge it to X=590 and Y=1388 I think you will resolve your problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, MoRLOK said:

Your advice helped me, but it will be difficult for other users to remember about it (hand-aligned positioning) 

You're welcome.

It is something that everyone needs to get used to, unless eventually Serif decides to make a change. Many users have complained.

Hand-alignment should not normally be needed, just setting the options I mentioned to ensure that initially your objects are properly aligned.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You're welcome.

It is something that everyone needs to get used to, unless eventually Serif decides to make a change. Many users have complained.

Hand-alignment should not normally be needed, just setting the options I mentioned to ensure that initially your objects are properly aligned.

We give users the tools to create sub-pixel accurate documents, as well as the tools to enable them to align to whole pixels. Depending on the user's intentions, this is just an education issue - though we could perhaps improve things by giving a warning during export if objects aren't aligned to whole pixels.

4 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

though we could perhaps improve things by giving a warning during export if objects aren't aligned to whole pixels.

Thanks, Mark. Something like that would help.

But another thing I don't understand. When I export an individual artboard or a slice I've created, why should it matter if it starts at an integer X,Y position. Logically, once that object is exported, that exported version starts at 0,0 doesn't it? So as long as the size (dimensions) are integer pixel values, the entire object is consistent without adding an extra pixel. So, when exporting, why not base the addition (or not) of the extra pixel based on the size of the object (artboard, slice) being exported instead of on its origin position.

Or, provide an option to tell the Export Persona to do it that way.

-- Walt
PC: