You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So disappointing bugs remaining and remaining ....

Hey guys, I paid for this software, and I am working with it, every day, and it has to work, period!

Back in 2017:

Now in 2019: Bug still there!

It‘s a cool thing, working with the pencil, when you have to put the pencil to the side (for each new fu..ng clone process) , and use your fingers again, if you want to clone elements. Really professional behaviour, I have to say.

2017:

Yes, sorry about this - it should also work with the pencil! We will get it fixed.

2019, fixed?

No way!

New features?

Yes, ... including arrows ... wow, finally arrows which should have been in first release!

I love and hate affinity apps, due to really bad bug fixing, promising and nothing‘s happening. Unbelievable!

• Staff
Hi Kobold :)

This has been logged with our developers when you first reported it and has since been discussed and investigated. For this to work, the Apple Pencil would have to be less sensitive as the action requires a still long press to define the source. With us being unable to adjust how sensitive the Apple Pencil is, this is preventing us from using the Pencil for this process as it would affect other areas of our app that also use the Pencil.

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way about Affinity Applications.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

No idea about another way of cloning elements, so we could keep going using the pencil? In the moment to me this is really bad, cause in my work I have to clone elements all the time, and this has to work fast, as it is when working with Desinger on Mac. If I have to lay down the pencil each time, I have to clone an element, .......  hundreds of times ......  I´m sure you´ll understand that this is not really productive working. Why not adding another command like multiple finger double touch, or something like that? This would work faster, and no need to put the pecil to the side to use a finger?

Another question now: For the cloning with the two fingers press and hold option there is no need of a long press and hold, that is only needed for the context menu to open up. With the two fingers option the other hand just slides the active object, and so this is cloned. So the long press action should not be a problem for the double press fingers cloning action. So I still do not understand why not possible?

15 hours ago, Kobold said:

No idea about another way of cloning elements, so we could keep going using the pencil? In the moment to me this is really bad, cause in my work I have to clone elements all the time, and this has to work fast, as it is when working with Desinger on Mac. If I have to lay down the pencil each time, I have to clone an element, .......  hundreds of times ......  I´m sure you´ll understand that this is not really productive working. Why not adding another command like multiple finger double touch, or something like that? This would work faster, and no need to put the pecil to the side to use a finger?

Not sure why you need to put the pencil down, I just swivel the pencil with my thumb to grasp it and use my index finger to select the source. Granted I would like to simply use pencil for selecting the source again.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Just keep going with the pencil .........  is the only way to go, if I decide to work with the pencil. Yes, I can improvise, but, Affinity or Serif should just make this work!

As long as I been working with Designer on mac, since the first days as I was an early user, I had double text in menus, when entering values, as stroke width, ....... now with the latest update this irritating problem is gone. So this been a bug for 5 years. And this is the one thing I do not like with Affinity apps, more and more new features, but some bugs just remain and remain. This is frustrating for long time users, and when new bugs show up with new updates, ........  no words for this. 

But: Yes I also love the apps! It´s a bit like love and hate relationship!