You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo hanging and crashing

• Staff

No problem. I just wish I could think of a temporary workaround whilst we wait for it to be fixed. 

I don't know if it's worth trying a reset of the app. You can do this by going to:
\Users\username\Library\Containers\ and rename the folder 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto' to 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old' 

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

No problem. I just wish I could think of a temporary workaround whilst we wait for it to be fixed. 

I don't know if it's worth trying a reset of the app. You can do this by going to:
\Users\username\Library\Containers\ and rename the folder 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto' to 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old' 

I just appreciate your willingness to help, and to fix the issue! Trust me, I couldn't get this much attention with Adobe!
So, here's the latest, and I hope it can help!
First, I did make the name change to the file, as you suggested. I did it in the 1.7.1 version, rather than the Beta (haven't tried it for that, yet), and opened AP, and a photo. I then developed the photo, after making some exposure corrections, then clicked on Haze Removal, then Split View. Voila!
I didn't save the changes, and closed the file and AP. I had a thought, so wanted to try it. I reopened AP, then that same photo. I made my exposure corrections, then developed it. Then, I changed the dpi to 300 (for print). The first time, I left it at 72. And, guess what! It hung! Maybe this could be helpful to you?
Also, prior to making the name change to the file, I had opened AP, then tried to open a PDF file. That caused it to crash! Here is the crash report.

AP Crash Report.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 4:24 AM, Chris B said:

Hey TanBrae,

First of all, I'm very sorry you've been having these difficulties. 

Secondly, have you considered installed the beta? It has had a number of stability improvements as well as fixes. We currently recommend that you install this and use it over the store version. It will install alongside the store version so you can keep both if you just wanted to check it out.

Haven't heard, or posted, anything for a while. But, I haven't been home to use AP, so...

However, after downloading the Beta version you recommended, it had an update a while back. After installing that update, I now have two icons showing up for Beta, and both say 1.7.2. I have them, along with my store version. I'd like to get rid of one of the Beta icons, but don't know which one.

These icons appear when I open my .CR2 (Canon RAW) files, and it gets tricky as to which one to choose. LOL

Also, is that Beta version for which you gave the link a trial version I'll have to pay to upgrade to? Do I keep my store-bought version, or keep the Beta? I show both in my Apps folder.

The good news is, the Haze Removal issue seems to have fixed itself. ;)

• Staff
On 8/8/2019 at 5:32 PM, TanBrae said:

I'd like to get rid of one of the Beta icons, but don't know which one.

That's a bit odd—you should definitely only have one! Just drag one to the trash. You can just restore it if it is the wrong one. 

Also, is that Beta version for which you gave the link a trial version I'll have to pay to upgrade to? Do I keep my store-bought version, or keep the Beta? I show both in my Apps folder.

You shouldn't be paying to upgrade anything. You should have 1 copy from the App Store and 1 copy of the beta.

The good news is, the Haze Removal issue seems to have fixed itself. ;)

That's good. It hasn't actually had a fix against the bug report yet so I'll keep an eye on it.

• 10 months later...

I updated to version 1.8.3 and keeps hanging my Mac computer. It goes into a loop and nothing responds from there, have to reboot every single time.

This occurs every time I zoom into an image to edit individual pixels and later zoom out using the mouse.