You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugin update with Beta - 1.7.2.414

12 minutes ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

Just shear laziness! I'm on Windows 10, If it works for me it probably is something very simple to change to get it to work for everyone else. I hope I don't need to reinstall anytime soon because I'll probably be in the same boat as I only really use Portrait Pro as a plugin from Affinity Photo for Portrait and Wedding shoots.

Just a hunch and I'm not a plugin devloper so couldn;t say for sure, but it might be a good idea to make a copy of the .8bf in your photoshop plugins folders as the issue is there. I'm wondering when you update from v17 to v 18 if the Portrait Pro application is updated but the. 8bf is not updated.

Just now, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Just a hunch and I'm not a plugin devloper so couldn;t say for sure, but it might be a good idea to make a copy of the .8bf in your photoshop plugins folders as the issue is there. I'm wondering when you update from v17 to v 18 if the Portrait Pro application is updated but the. 8bf is not updated.

I've tried that and it had no effect. when I installed V18 to it's own folder it would not work, but when I reinstalled V17 and installed V18 to the V17 folder it worked so I left it there. I did try copying the .8bf files and a few other experiments but nothing worked so I just use it with V18 installed to the V17 folder. Weird?

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

As it seems to work for me those who have V17 and V18 available could try the following when Windows is the OS:

Install v17, then install v18 as upgrade. Do not uninstall v17 before. In Windows  I see then two versions in two different paths in C:/programs, one for v17 and one for v18. In Affinity Photo then go to Preferences/Plugins dialogue and choose the path where v17 *.8bf file sits to be referenced. To be safe, rename the 32-Bit version of *.8bf file before using the interface. On my computer V18 starts then, using the *.8bf of v17.  In case, that AP has already a reference to Portrait Pro, shown in its Preferences/plugins dialogue window, then clear that reference first before referencing v17 *.8bf files. This may happen when you use AP Release and Beta versions in parallel or so. Mind that AP needs a restart after each change in these preferences to make it working.

If your v17 program path was destroyed on installation of v18 (what normally should not happen when upgrading) one could try: uninstall v18 complete, reinstall v17 afterwards. Perhaps it is not necessary to activate v17 when you find it in the c:/programs path together with its *.8bf files after installation. Nevertheless, when you have no v18 installed, the activation of v17 should work. Then reinstall v18 and activate it. Finally, reference in AP preferences/plugins the *.8bf files of v17. Do not use plugin installation routines, but reference *.8bf file via AP preferences dialogue only. As above, make sure that AP has no earlier reference to v18 *.8bf stored when making the reference to v17 *.8bf files.

Good luck!

For the long term usage I think it makes sense that everyone needing that interface working should tell this to Anthropics as well. If there is enough interest shown then ... who knows we may get a better solution in the future.

Can anyone share the v17 installer? I bought Portrait Pro Studio v18 - obviously doesn't work in Affinity Photo and have found Anthropics to not be very helpful (they haven't replied as of yet to my request for the v17 installer) and when I login to my account I only have the option of downloading v18.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.