You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugin update with Beta - 1.7.2.414

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Glad to hear it :-)

Thanks so much for this!

Overall I'm seeing even better compatibility than I had in 1.6.5 (Skylum Photolemur didn't work for me before and now does)

Portrait Pro, Landscape Pro and Smart Photo Editor do in fact work, can't want for the production version, so I can start using Studio Link to the full capacity!  

(Anthropics Body Studio 2 still doesn't seem to work, but that was a problem in 1.6.5 as well)

Nik Collection Appears to work for the ones I tried as well as Franzis Color Project, B&W Project, etc.  

1 hour ago, PetervL said:

Hi,

I can't get it to work (vs. 18 Studio)

What version of Portrait Pro do you have?

Thanks,

Peter

I have 18 and it works for me.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

On 7/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I have 18 and it works for me.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, 78deluxe said:

I'm using v17

Yes, vs 17 works fine.

I can't get vs18 going, that applies both to my desktop and laptop.

I'm confused, perhaps somebody has a suggestion.

Thanks,

Peter

14 hours ago, PetervL said:

Yes, vs 17 works fine.

I can't get vs18 going, that applies both to my desktop and laptop.

I'm confused, perhaps somebody has a suggestion.

Thanks,

Peter

When you are going to use the plugin do you have 2 selections under Anthropics "Portrait Pro" & Portrait Pro..."? make sure you are picking the one WITHOUT the three dots.

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

I'm on Windows 10 and on the latest Beta of Affinity Photo I'm pleased to say these Photoshop Plugins that had issues, crashed Photo or just didn't work at all seem to be working now:

Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
Skylum Luminar 3
Knoll Light Factory 3.2 (albeit Red Giant stopped suporting/updating this plugin sometime ago, it's still the best lens flare plugin around to my knowledge)

Are we like to see the abiility in Affinity Photo to apply third party plugins non-destructively in the future?

35 minutes ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

I'm on Windows 10 and on the latest Beta of Affinity Photo I'm pleased to say these Photoshop Plugins that had issues, crashed Photo or just didn't work at all seem to be working now:

Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
Skylum Luminar 3
Knoll Light Factory 3.2 (albeit Red Giant stopped suporting/updating this plugin sometime ago, it's still the best lens flare plugin around to my knowledge)

Are we like to see the abiility in Affinity Photo to apply third party plugins non-destructively in the future?

Ctrl+j to copy original image as new layer then invoke plugin.... That is non destructive....

Enjoy. P

1 hour ago, MCFC_4Heatons said:

Alien Skin Eye Candy 7
Skylum Luminar 3

Question about Knoll Light Factory. I checked it out on the RedGiant website, but it didn't say that it supported Photoshop, only AE and Premiere (link to webpage). How well does it work in Photo for you?

Follow-up question, do the other RedGiant plug-ins work as well for Affinity and/or Photoshop, like VFX Optical Glow? If so, I might actually buy that one at some point. ^^

Duplicating a layer is a workaround its not the same thing - I want to know if Affinity have plans to implemen properly ......

I came from Photoshop and quickly found I prefer adding the layer and putting the effect on that, which I can then easily adjust things like opacity or even blend modes.  

It is still a proper implementation in my mind, just not the one you were hoping for.

If you meant non-destructivly as in within the RAW development stage, I'd see more value there....though I don't use RAW development within AP.  I could see the value to users that do.

1 hour ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Question about Knoll Light Factory. I checked it out on the RedGiant website, but it didn't say that it supported Photoshop, only AE and Premiere (link to webpage). How well does it work in Photo for you?

Follow-up question, do the other RedGiant plug-ins work as well for Affinity and/or Photoshop, like VFX Optical Glow? If so, I might actually buy that one at some point. ^^

I think all the Red Giant plugins are for video editing; Premier After Effects etc .... As far as I'm aware they have ceased developing plugins for Photoshop and I don't think you can even purchase Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop any more at least not as single product on its own (it may be bundled with the suite).

On 7/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

When you are going to use the plugin do you have 2 selections under Anthropics "Portrait Pro" & Portrait Pro..."? make sure you are picking the one WITHOUT the three dots.

I only have one selection under Antropics. I don't really understand what you mean by a selection with three dots. I don't see anything like that. Where do you see it?

For the moment this plugin for v18 doesn't work for me. On my laptop v17 is doing fine. I can't reactivate v17 on my desktop as confirmed by Antropics.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

4 minutes ago, PetervL said:

I only have one selection under Antropics. I don't really understand what you mean by a selection with three dots. I don't see anything like that. Where do you see it?

For the moment this plugin for v18 doesn't work for me. On my laptop v17 is doing fine. I can't reactivate v17 on my desktop as confirmed by Antropics.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

I'm currently at work but when I get home tonight I'll take a screen shot. You may need to reinstall your copy of v18 as it works perfectly fine on my Windows 10 machines (Desktop & Laptop) with the new Beta.

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

10 hours ago, PetervL said:

Thanks for your help.

Peter

portraitpro18.jpg

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, iamdak said:

I'm not having much success. I have both 32bit and 64bit plug-in installed but only the PortraitPro with 3 dots appear in the list  I'm using Portrait Pro Studio 18.4.

I'm not sure what is going on with PortraitPro V18 as several people that I have seen aren't able to get it to work with Affinity Photo. The only thing that comes to mind is that when I purchased V18 it was an upgrade and I installed it over V17 (which always worked fine) and it works for me, this is only a guess. I would contact Anthropics and see what they have to say about the situation, Good Luck

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

On 8/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I'm not sure what is going on with PortraitPro V18 as several people that I have seen aren't able to get it to work with Affinity Photo. The only thing that comes to mind is that when I purchased V18 it was an upgrade and I installed it over V17 (which always worked fine) and it works for me, this is only a guess. I would contact Anthropics and see what they have to say about the situation, Good Luck

I just purchased v18 of Portrait Pro Studio a few days ago for Windows - I sent a report request to Anthropics and asked for the v17 installer as v18 does not work as plugin inside Afinnity Photo. Their reply was simple  'we do not support Affinity Photo'. Shame as I understand it both companies are based in England too and I am sure that Photoshop is going to haemorrhage customers right, left and center over the next few years as Photoshop is looking like a dinosaur and Adobe is not exactly customer friendly.

BTW, Are you on Windows or Mac  ?

I just purchased v18 of Portrait Pro Studio a few days ago for Windows - I sent a report request to Anthropics and asked for the v17 installer as v18 does not work as plugin inside Afinnity Photo. Their reply was simple  'we do not support Affinity Photo'. Shame as I understand it both companies are based in England too and I am sure that Photoshop is going to haemorrhage customers right, left and center over the next few years as Photoshop is looking like a dinosaur and Adobe is not exactly customer friendly.

BTW, Are you on Windows or Mac  ?

Just shear laziness! I'm on Windows 10, If it works for me it probably is something very simple to change to get it to work for everyone else. I hope I don't need to reinstall anytime soon because I'll probably be in the same boat as I only really use Portrait Pro as a plugin from Affinity Photo for Portrait and Wedding shoots.

Windows 11 22h2

Windows 10 22h2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.