You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dancing With the Psychotherapist

Archangel

I have a question:  Did you create that Typographical phrase in Publisher without the help of design or photoshop or anything?  If yes, I am intrigued, teach me!  Or rather give me a rundown of the method you used.  I can do this in Photoshop, but I am wondering if this is possible in Publisher since that it what you have written?

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

4 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

I have a question:  Did you create that Typographical phrase in Publisher without the help of design or photoshop or anything?  If yes, I am intrigued, teach me!  Or rather give me a rundown of the method you used.  I can do this in Photoshop, but I am wondering if this is possible in Publisher since that it what you have written?

Sorry, If you mean the Affinity Publisher phrase with reflection then that wasn't done in Affinity Publisher. That was achieved in Serif PagePlus X9 using instant 3D. However, you can export these designs from PagePlus X9 as PNG files with transparency and use them in Serif's new range of applications. The title of the poem simply uses Artistic Text and Layer Effects outer shadow and emboss to achieve the pillow look.

Ok thanks that's all I needed to know.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, Chris26 said:

Been busy.  But yes. I was fiddling with this the other day.  It can all be done in Affinity, if you have Studio Link.  Start in Publisher with a New Document, select the Artistic Text Tool and drag it for a little space on the canvas.  Of course, it doesn't create a text frame.  With the Artistic Text tool selected, choose the font and font size you want, and type in the blank canvas.  In this case "Dancing With the Psychotherapist."  Center the head using the alignment icon in the Context toolbar.  Still with the Artistic text tool, but changing the alignment icon to Align Left ( @walt.farrell will be so happy I have the terminology correct) choose a font and font size for the body.  Then type away.   When you are done, right click on this text Layer in the Layers Panel and choose Rasterize. Then go up to FILE>EDIT IN PHOTO.  Not the Photo Persona icon.  Once the text file appears in Photo, select FILTERS>Colors>Erase White Paper.   Then FILE>Place the desired image directly over the text block.    Last, go to the Layers Panel and drag the Image layer below the Text layer.  Voilà!

1330444560_ScreenShot2019-07-02at2_13_53PM.thumb.png.16c28520e79f7ce0f300e456ad7d71bf.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Thanks for this, I am going to explore stuff now.

19 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

Then go up to FILE>EDIT IN PHOTO.

Ah, nickereejoodees  - I don't have Photo.  

1 hour ago, Chris26 said:

Ah, nickereejoodees  - I don't have Photo.  

Suggest early — very early — Christmas present to self.   You will love it.   Also, today is the last day of Affinity’s discount sale.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

1 hour ago, jmwellborn said:

Suggest early — very early — Christmas present to self.   You will love it.   Also, today is the last day of Affinity’s discount sale.

Yes I know, I got rid of it after a little experimenting, 10 years of photoshop are in the way and frustration sizzled after about two days.  I work fast in photoshop and could not cope with taking 15 minutes to figure out how on earth to duplicate an image without doing a save as, just one tiny example - so I take the blame 97.6% of it though.

21 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

Been busy.  But yes. I was fiddling with this the other day.  It can all be done in Affinity, if you have Studio Link.  Start in Publisher with a New Document, select the Artistic Text Tool and drag it for a little space on the canvas.  Of course, it doesn't create a text frame.  With the Artistic Text tool selected, choose the font and font size you want, and type in the blank canvas.  In this case "Dancing With the Psychotherapist."  Center the head using the alignment icon in the Context toolbar.  Still with the Artistic text tool, but changing the alignment icon to Align Left ( @walt.farrell will be so happy I have the terminology correct) choose a font and font size for the body.  Then type away.   When you are done, right click on this text Layer in the Layers Panel and choose Rasterize. Then go up to FILE>EDIT IN PHOTO.  Not the Photo Persona icon.  Once the text file appears in Photo, select FILTERS>Colors>Erase White Paper.   Then FILE>Place the desired image directly over the text block.    Last, go to the Layers Panel and drag the Image layer below the Text layer.  Voilà!

1330444560_ScreenShot2019-07-02at2_13_53PM.thumb.png.16c28520e79f7ce0f300e456ad7d71bf.png

Nice work with a very good background.  I like it very much.

Recreating the following may be a little more difficult though.

Affinity Publisher (FILEminimizer).png

9 hours ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Nice work with a very good background.  I like it very much.

Thank you!  iPhone.  Old shot.  Fallen leaves from last October dumped on the kitchen counter.  Rather stretched from the original jpeg.  But I thought the colors are nice.

6 minutes ago, Chris26 said:

Yes I know, I got rid of it after a little experimenting, 10 years of photoshop are in the way and frustration sizzled after about two days.  I work fast in photoshop and could not cope with taking 15 minutes to figure out how on earth to duplicate an image without doing a save as, just one tiny example - so I take the blame 97.6% of it though.

Perhaps you might give Photo another try?  I had 29 years of Pagemaker/InDesign bogging down my brain before I nose-dived into Publisher.  There was a learning curve, but I think it is superb.