You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please make it possible to arrange masterpages + duplicate at end

I am working with quartets of master-pages belonging to each other (single page, start-page, middle-page and end-page), so I often have to duplicate masterpages to go to the end of the list to start a new quartet. But that seems to be impossible in Publisher now.

1) When selecting and duplicating a master-page it always gets inserted directly after the original masterpage. I would expect the duplicate to go to the end of the list though. That makes more sense to me and works like that in all other software I used before AFAIK.
2) AFAIK there's no way to order the master-pages list on alfabetical order, so renaming the master-pages doesn't influence the order, so there's no workaround in that to re-arrange
3) AFAIK there's currently no way to re-order the master-pages (drag'n'drop, like for example in the layers list, isn't working here to manually re-arrange the list)
4) It's currently not possible to duplicate three pages at the time

This feels pretty primitive and inflexible for a list. Which is understandable for the first version of the product. But, especially when using a lot of masterpages in one file (like some overrides and different types of letter- or book-layouts), we really need to be able to arrange our masterpages to keep things organized, easy to find and/or group masterpages together by at least their names. Now, once added a master-page, it always remains on the same position and we cannot change it later.

How it is now:
I want to be able to duplicate the three different masterpages (one by one) in order to sweak it for a different set of layouts. Currently that's impossible because the duplicate is not pasted at the end, but inserted in between:

What I would like to see:
* When duplicating a masterpage I would always (per default) like the copy to be placed at the end of the list
* Being able to drag'n'drop a page to a different location to manually order the list
* Being able to sort the list on alfabetical order would also be a very welcome addition, but first two wishes are highest in my personal priority
* Being able to do a multiple-selection and multiple duplicate would be nice too

Disagree on the first.

Very strongly agree on the second. (I assume we are talking about Master Pages)

Disagree on the third.

Utterly neutral on the fourth.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 months later...