You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo zoom slider not working inside of frame

I started working with dropping photos into frames this week and ran into problems. Previously with some of the betas this worked but I noticed two issues with the MAS version.

1. When I try to select the slider Publisher won't let me grab it and disappears before I do so.

2. The slider will be located far off from the image. With some of the betas it was neatly positioned under the photo. Now there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it's position.

I just end up using the preset framing positions located under the right click menu. At least this gives me some control but, or course, I can't be exact.

• Staff

files that show the problem are always helpful, thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Attach to these forums or use "Drop-off" here  http://fx.serif.com using my email for delivery pconnor@serif.com or I can get a dropbox link tomorrow

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I had this problem with 1.7.1 with tall, narrow picture frames. The zoom bar would appear on the middle to lower third of the frame itself rather than under it. However, in the beta 1.7.2, the problem went away both in the same file I had the issue with plus in any new ones.

High Sierra, Metal.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

2 minutes ago, nwhit said:

I had this problem with 1.7.1 with tall, narrow picture frames. The zoom bar would appear on the middle to lower third of the frame itself rather than under it. However, in the beta 1.7.2, the problem went away both in the same file I had the issue with plus in any new ones.

Interesting, I am just glad that with the beta something at least comes up at all now.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.