You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop issue with output color profile slider??

I may be missing something but when I select 32 bit output format in the develop assistant  in the develop module, the output (color profile) slider selects   sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (linear) which I think is the 8 bit  version.  I checked this in Wikipedia. However when I develop the photo and goes to the Photo persona it is in 32 bit mode. So O fee; the  the slider in the develop persona  is not correct when it selects sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (linear). There are a variety  of color formats that can be selected in that slider  but the RGB32 format cannot be selected.  This is the video format that the photo persona seems to go to.   I believe the slider in the develop module should reflect what was selected in the develop assistant  

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @hanshab,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

There is no such thing as "8 bit colour profile". You can have an 8 bit Colour mode ( RGB, CMYK), but the colour profile does not have a bit depth. What it does have is a gamma curve. For 32 bit workflow, this should be 1(linear) which in your case it is. 

If you can explain why you think it's wrong, I can have a look for you. :)

Thanks,

Gabe.