You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New stack problems

so I have ran a new stack on photo just to get all my render passes in one document to edit, and both time after doing some adjustments and such, the file disappea5s when I come back to look for it later  really frustrating and I’m not sure I am going to be able to trust photo on ipad any more  I never have this problem with Designer, and I also don’t in photo except with this layer stacking feature  anyone else have this issue?

Jim

• Staff

Hi 3DJ :)

I'm very sorry to hear this, it certainly isn't something we'd expect.

Firstly, could you confirm how many images were used in the stack operation? What kind of adjustments did you apply? Did you then return to the homescreen of the app, then close the app before saving the document?

Please check your iPads General settings to ensure there is enough space left in your internal storage to save the file!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan C, yes I have enough space to save the file. The first time I did it it was with about 5 images and a gradient map adjustment. The second time was about 10 images. It weird as I don’t recall this ever happening before. I’ll give it another go and see if I can replicate it. I don’t recall closing the document, but I did close out of Photo, but I have always had whatever document I created saved to the files within photo and Designer..

Well the 3rd time is the trick! It’s working and has not disappeared. I am not doing anything any different, but I’ll go ahead and assume I did something wrong. The only thing I haven’t tested that I did the first two times come to think of it, was to export it. I’ll try that next.

-Jim

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know Jim, please do keep trying to replicate this issue and if you do manage to nail down a recipe then a screen recording of this will help immensely!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!