You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have had some problems with the color picker, I thought it was because sometimes I had a shape selected and I was choosing a color sample from somewhere else. However it seems to be working better for me now. 

As for ios13~ specifically ipadOS, I am imagining that a lot of workflows will be greatly improved so this open may not matter any more as there could be better ways of open into apps. Not sure just a guess with some of what I saw at wwdc. 

thats good to know the colour picker working with your pen 

Os 13 will have improvements were see what a happening must be a nightmare for the app developers, feel for them, just on top of everything and IOS becomes OS 13.

I have been told,  I be able to say Siri open app now ..... with function to export and import please.

Probably rumours 

8 hours ago, 3DJ said:

I agree, I always look for this and Designer just thinking I must not have enabled it. We need this sooner than later. Maybe iOS 13 it won’t matter?

I’m playing with iPadOS 13 now, and unfortunately don’t see any improvement in the “Open In” department in the initial customer beta. Since other apps can do this it’s hard to understand why Affinity can’t implement it to work from the share sheet.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

How about Paul and others,

‘we have a pole see how many users would like this ability in the next up date, if theirs enough, I would have thought a company would adjust to meet the needs of the masses.

others besides 3dj and myself might not wish this unfortunately?

any takers ?

The only down side here is you then need to re find that image you just found darn, scrolling rolling time passing by.

for me I take  an image one I made in Vectornator just now, pass this over to adobe capture.

from here I bring this back into AP. 

‘So I am pinging the image about, but never having to search for the image in photo app.

it rest on an external drive, which your suggested method I cannot use due to lack of thumb nail support in Affinity- see images etc probably make sense.?

F8239496-2726-4E08-97F2-A2337BEAC80F.jpeg

5736564D-91A0-4CB0-95AA-82E3DADADD62.png

84F987AC-8520-4556-A3F5-0CE0AE4A526A.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Rob Chisholm said:

it rest on an external drive, which your suggested method I cannot use due to lack of thumb nail support in Affinity- see images etc probably make sense.?

Your request makes plenty of sense. But as mentioned by a couple of us, some of this is due to the way iOS normally exposes file info, thereby requiring a dedicated app to assist.

That said, at least the problem isn’t difficult to work through for the end user. Nevertheless, copy/paste your original request to the appropriate section of the forum to maximize the chances it gets seen:

Suggestions for Affinity Photo on iPad

Sure Ulyss  I post in the place that you suggested, a very good point, I leave you with this thought, 

here’s an app called LumaFusion built in is preview to an external HD.

its the standard these days you know, having the ability to view images over wifi on an external drive, nothing big about that.

so if they can do it so can Affinity and beyond, or can we just blame it on iOS much easier then we can stay in the cave.

rob 

8806FF05-5685-45E0-B892-0E8DE8754E14.jpeg

1 minute ago, Rob Chisholm said:

its the standard these days you know, having the ability to view images over wifi on an external drive, nothing big about that.

so if they can do it so can Affinity and beyond, or can we just blame it on iOS much easier then we can stay in the cave.

I've got Lumafusion. LOVE THAT APP. 

Interestingly, their marketing materials a couple of years ago (I forget which version it was back then) made a big deal of their ability to access network drives and external drives. This was all before iOS would make it easier to do. So there was something about their coding which enabled them to utilize the info from iOS. 

Believe me, no one in this thread is burying their head in the sand. What I AM saying, though, is make your voice heard in the appropriate section of the forum to ensure that the developers SEE your request; they might miss it here in the "iPad Questions" section. Until the fix comes along, find ways of getting to your data so that you can work as efficiently as possible while we wait for those improvements. Hope that makes more sense.

Hello Ulysses,

I have done as you suggested and posted in the link you kindly provided.

Hopefully my words will not sound annoying to anyone.

As text is interrupted by people in different ways.

I am sitting here smiling, wondering how these member will interpet these ideas I have put forwards.

Some for sure will take it personally like a religion how dare you critique my beliefs.

I am self employed my mind thinks give me solutions to problems.

I listed a few ideas and work arounds, I  add more once a few have engaged.

Thank you for your time and efforts here Ulysses, been interesting chatting with you.

Hopefully real named AP developers will respond on the post were see.

Regards Rob