You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer CPU overload

Hi,

I am getting CPU overloading almost all the time with the new 1.7 versions.

It freeze all the application with 500% and over 700% overloading.

Is there any fix for this issue ?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 09.22.41.png

MacBook Pro Retina 15" -  macOS High Sierra  version 10.14.4

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 & 1.71 + Affinity Photo1.6.7 & 1.7.1 + Affinity Publisher 1.71

Hey,

unfortunately I am having the exact same issue but no solution. I tried to reproduce it but couldn't find a concrete trigger yet.
I only have the free trial for 10 days. Gonna try to find out more since I actually like the program.

I'm running the Affinity Designer version 1.7.1 on  146904315_Screenshot2019-07-04at00_06_06.png.4b13b27122d8dab25aef1b2cab2d8637.png

Hope there's gonna be a solution soon, so I can test it properly.

Best Regards!

Edited by Emschun
system data

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, me again!
Eventho there is no response here so far I will give some update. 

I bought affinity designer eventually and it was running stable for a few days now. I feel that the mentioned problem occurs when I use vector brushes and paint with them. 
It does not seem to make any difference whether I use pressure control or not, neither does the speed I am drawing at seem to make any difference. 
The break down appears after a few moments to a few minutes after I start using the brush. 

I was not using any brush for a few days and I had no problems at all. 
This brush pack seems to make most of the problems, but the same happens with default brushes after I reset the program. (https://gumroad.com/l/frankenmarkers)

I hope this helps. 
best regards!

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 17.24.37.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi both,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you please confirm if this is still an issue in 1.7.2? If it is, can you attach a screen recording of this behaviour in action, as we could not reproduce this here? What OS version are you running?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

23 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi both,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Can you please confirm if this is still an issue in 1.7.2? If it is, can you attach a screen recording of this behaviour in action, as we could not reproduce this here? What OS version are you running?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi,

I was on Affinity Designer 1.7.1 , now I update to 1.7.2, let me see if it is more stable.

Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina 15" -  macOS High Sierra  version 10.14.4

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 & 1.71 + Affinity Photo1.6.7 & 1.7.1 + Affinity Publisher 1.71

Hi, thanks for the answer :)

I was having the trouble with version 1.7.1 as well. Haven't used it much since, due to the problem. I updated a few days ago and haven't had any problem so far. Haven't used it intensively though. If anything accures I will post it here.

best regard,
Emschun