You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets panel

Is it consistent? That is, if you try multiple times with the same asset, does it always work or always fail? If you have one that consistently fails, can you export a .afassets file and attach it so we can look at it?

Are you dragging the assets to any particular place on the page?

Can you provide a screen recording of a time when it fails?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The behavior is unpredictable. Most of the times it works as aspected, then suddenly it does't. When you stay on the tab assets it stops working until you switch to another tab, f.i. pages, then switch back to the tab assets and the behavior is again as aspected...

I'm dragging the assets on the page, you see the "drag" icon. Also when it does't work as expected you see the "drag" icon.

If it's not working as it should, it does't matter witch asset you drag, it wil not appear on the page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Do you have the assets panel in a non default location? Seems to constantly drag to me, a short video demonstrating the issue might help us figure out what causes it when it fails

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Jon,

What I want to say is: when you drag an asset to the document, you immediatly drag the asset on the documement but the selection borders of the asset are not visible in the document. Once the asset is on the document you have to release the mouse button, select it again an then you see the selection borders. The assets panel is in the default position.

• Staff

So after a bit of playing I can reproduce this with quite a niche recipe, by dragging an asset and releasing it on the edge of the assets tab, it gets "stuck" to the cursor and then is broken for any subsequent drags.

I've logged this, also I've attached the video if you want to see if it's similar to what you saw.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

not quiet similar. But you can see what i mean in the video. When you drag the asset into the document, it has no selection border with handles (see video sec 6 to 8) until you release the mouse button. Sometimes it can be helpfull to see this border immediatly when you drag the asset into the document....

Thx for your efforts...