You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lag when using move and node tools with pen

Overall performance is good for me, but there is a lag when trying to use the node and move tools with a pen. The node or object selected doesn't start moving until a *long* time after the drag starts, and in that time the pen is a long way from the original touch point. After the delay, the object or node snaps to the pen position. Things are smooth after the initial delay-snap. Other features are smooth as well. Drawing with the pen for example is perfectly smooth and lag free.

I am using a Surface Book 2 with maxed out memory, and the latest version of Designer. Having the base attached or not makes no difference. I tried turning off the "tap and hold to right click" feature in Windows and various settings in the performance tab. Nothing I have tried so far makes a difference. Also note that the CPU is basically idle and I am just trying this with one object.

This is super annoying, especially after using my iPad for editing, where the same features are buttery smooth. Even editing over a wifi connection on the Mac with AstroPad is a better experience. Any suggestions on how to fix this with a setting somewhere? If not, are you working to improve this feature? I would like to use my Surface Book more with Designer, but this is a total buzz kill for me. 

Thanks for an awesome Mac and iPad version. I am really looking forward to a better experience on Windows.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi kasbits,

Firstly I apologise for the delay in getting back to you! Is this still an issue for you in the new 1.7.2 build?

If it is still an issue, does it happen on a brand new document with a couple of simple curves? If not could you attach a document that demonstrates it please?

• 1 year later...