You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Procedural Filter on ipad not the same as on desktop?

Trying to relight one of my 3D renders with a normal map and the new procedural filter, however I don’t see a light direction option as is in the video in the 10 things we love about photo video. Am I missing something? Thanks,

Jim

9 hours ago, 3DJ said:

Trying to relight one of my 3D renders with a normal map and the new procedural filter, however I don’t see a light direction option as is in the video in the 10 things we love about photo video. Am I missing something? Thanks,

Jim

Do you have a link to the video I can’t find it to understand what your problem is?

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

1 hour ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Do you have a link to the video I can’t find it to understand what your problem is?

Item 4 here: https://affinityspotlight.com/article/10-things-we-love-about-affinity-photo-17

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

36 minutes ago, 3DJ said:

Yep thats the one... weird that it wouldn’t have the same capability on ipad. 

Not really so weird: just another area where the iPad version hasn’t quite caught up with the desktop versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Not really so weird: just another area where the iPad version hasn’t quite caught up with the desktop versions.

Beat me by 60 seconds. I was about to say exactly the same thing. There are other little areas like this where the desktop version is ahead. Nevertheless, I really enjoy the cross-platform capability of being able to open and work on the iPad for most details in a project, even if I need to finish off a couple of things on the desktop.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Beat me by 60 seconds. I was about to say exactly the same thing. There are other little areas like this where the desktop version is ahead. Nevertheless, I really enjoy the cross-platform capability of being able to open and work on the iPad for most details in a project, even if I need to finish off a couple of things on the desktop.

Yep, I get it, however being a new feature I would have expected it to be cross functional- not partially cross functional. To me thats an oversight or a bug.

A bug is when a feature is attempted, but it either doesn't work correctly or brings the system to a crash. That's not what this is. Since the iPad version is built almost entirely upon the desktop code, but adapted for the iOS operating system and its touch interface, it's more likely that they simply haven't yet coded for the differences between the desktop and the iOS interface. I'm sure it's on the way. 

You should probably add your voice to the "Requested Features" section of this forum to ensure they are aware that we want this asap. :) 

34 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

A bug is when a feature is attempted, but it either doesn't work correctly or brings the system to a crash. That's not what this is. Since the iPad version is built almost entirely upon the desktop code, but adapted for the iOS operating system and its touch interface, it's more likely that they simply haven't yet coded for the differences between the desktop and the iOS interface. I'm sure it's on the way. 

You should probably add your voice to the "Requested Features" section of this forum to ensure they are aware that we want this asap. :) 

A bug can also be when something does not function properly by not displaying the proper UI. It doesn’t have to crash or cause any other issues. I am guessing its just not done and as you say not an official bug, as I would not report it as such. In fact I rarely post on forums to ask this stuff, instead I usually just keep researching or find another way... I also don’t submit bug reports or ask for featured etc. because I am not being paid to do so and value my time too much but I don’t mind the devs getting reports from crashes. In fact as I type this I am going overboard explaining myself-LOL.

Anyway thanks for confirming that this does not work on iPad. I am guessing you tried to do it too?

Thanks,

Jim

Edit: just adding as I think about it. You’re right I should submit these features since I really love to use these on iPad!

Edited by 3DJ

1 minute ago, 3DJ said:

I also don’t submit bug reports or ask for featured etc. because I am not being paid to do so and value my time too much but I don’t mind the devs getting reports from crashes. In fact as I type this I am going overboard explaining myself-LOL.

I haven't seen the feature either.

But yeah... save yourself the time, and help out by doing a simple copy/paste of your observation to one or both of the locations below. I’m sure they’ll give it more attention. 

Suggestions for Affinity Photo on iPad

Photo Bugs Found on iPads