You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I received an email from Serif about Affinity Publisher, I would just like to get an overview of what it can do.

I followed the links to some video tutorials:
https://affinityspotlight.com/article/learn-how-to-use-affinity-publisher-fast/?utm_source=SpotlightEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

But the first video goes straight into the UI. Is there a video somewhere that introduces Publisher and its capabilities?
I've googled it as well obviously, didn't see anything that was any good.

Best Regards,

Steve

17 hours ago, Steve100 said:

Hello LibreTraining,

Thank you for your reply and the video link.
I was really looking for something more in-depth overview but it seems that none exists.

Steve

If you will look in the TUTORIALS part of these forums you will find a Live Stream starting at 2 pm today (June 29) CEST regarding Publisher.  It should help.  Undoubtedly you can also play it back at a later date.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

5 hours ago, Steve100 said:

OK thank you will take a look.

Best Regards,

Steve

Well, the Live Stream was a disappointment as far as Publisher is concerned.   If you will look in the Tutorials section of the Forums, you will find the Official Publisher Tutorials.   They are excellent.   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 6/28/2019 at 12:24 PM, Steve100 said:

Is there a video somewhere that introduces Publisher and its capabilities?

It isn't a video but have you opened https://affinity.serif.com/publisher/ & scrolled down the page?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Affinity Revolution is a good source for tutorials about Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

They recently posted a 6 minute video review of Affinity Publisher asking if it can replace InDesign. You might find it useful as a partial overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkJpH-2ysY

Affinity has not released a comprehensive set of tutorials about Publisher. They still haven't caught up issuing tutorials for AFPhoto 1.7, with only 52 AFPhoto tutorials on YouTube and 69 on their own website. Previously they had more than 225 AFPhoto tutorials for AFPhoto 1.6. They can still be found on Vimeo, but not from the official Affinity site. The company has been pretty lax lately when compared to what I found 1-1/2 years ago when I started using AFPhoto. We can hope they will soon have many more tutorials available again. And we can hope that more individuals will be issuing video tutorials. Several people have created hundreds of tutorials for AFPhoto.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060