You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: creating and placing multiple photo frame (rows and columns) at once??

Hi there,
first of all:  you've really done a GREAT job with Publisher (also with Photo and Designer) and I love all your apps so far.
That said now my question

In Publisher, is there a possibility to create and place multiple photo frames (or frames) in rows and columns at once, including doing spacing between them?
In InDesign that is possible and one of my favorite (and probabyl most used) feature, I really like to have (or see) in Publisher.

Thanks for the help!!

This is for Mac, on Windows the keyboard shortcuts are different

Make your first Photo Frame in the place you want it of the size you want it. Hit Command + J to duplicate it in place and move it to where you want the next one in the row. Now if you hit Command J again the second one will duplicate the distance you moved it repeat for the rest of the row.

It is important to not deselect the copy from the first step when moving it. Moving may be best done using the transform panel.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ok thanks, that would be a way yes, somekind of workaround.

But the tool/function from InDesign is somewhat more comfortable, though not essential for working, but it makes it easier.

In ID you can press the arrow keys to add (or substracts) more frames in a row or a column, after you are just pulled up the first frame (without yet placing it).
Then you can adjust the spacing between them all (by holding space key I think)

I wonder if APub can do this too and I just miss the function, or if its not in APub yet (which would bring me to place a feature request ;-) )
As I said its not essential to me, but I would like to have that feature.

Its somewhat difficult to explain what I mean so I linked this video, which shows the function

5 hours ago, Pixelkobold said:

I wonder if APub can do this too and I just miss the function, or if its not in APub yet (which would bring me to place a feature request ;-) )

Power Duplicate, as mentioned by @Old Bruce, is the function provided by Publisher to do what you want to do. It's reasonably simple to use, with a bit of experience.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1