Hi people,

1.7 has witnessed massive improvements across the board with Affinity Photo and Designer - the new Brush tools in Affinity Photo with the Sub Brushes tab the ability (at last!) to draw a vertical or horizontal straight line by holding shift are wonderful improvements, but the Colour Picker has always frustrated me.

Beyond finding the Magnifying Glass somehow less precise for colour-picking on the fly, I'm experiencing an issue with my Cintiq whereby if I hold the Alt for fast colour picking (which doesn't prove to be terribly fast and at frequently doesn't work at all), my Cintiq ceases to recognise the pen after I release the Alt key.

After a time it generally works again if I click outside the program - say on a browser window. 

Sigh. I really want to transition to Affinity photo and retire my old copy of Photoshop once and for all but these roadblocks to an efficient workflow (of which a fast, responsive and working colour picker is frankly essential) are still holding me back.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

www.grantregan.com // burning sky / art of grant regan - art direction // concepts // matte-painting // illustration

Lenovo e570p - i7 7700hq / Win10 pro / 32Gb 2400mhz RAM / NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti / Wacom Cintiq 13HD & Huion Kamvas 16 Pro

I should add, it's a Cintiq 13HD and I'm running the latest drivers. I've restarted the computer, however the same issue persists.

So until this is resolved, the transition to AP will need to wait a little while longer.

www.grantregan.com // burning sky / art of grant regan - art direction // concepts // matte-painting // illustration

Lenovo e570p - i7 7700hq / Win10 pro / 32Gb 2400mhz RAM / NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti / Wacom Cintiq 13HD & Huion Kamvas 16 Pro

An update.

I have noticed that the pen becomes responsive again when I press the Alt key once again. If I then lift the pen before I lift my finger off the Alt key, it will remain responsive.

I hope this helps in isolating this issue.