You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop Mark in Affinity (old school way ;-) )

clem

5 minutes ago, ashf said:

@JDW That company is cooperating with us Affinity users in Japan and giving us opinions to help gaining users from the view point of professional printer.

I'm happy to hear it, because that is precisely what I have been trying to do, working here in Japan for a Japanese company.  But despite my speaking in native English, my words in this forum are still largely ignored.  No action by Serif on this or most of my other feature requests.  It's very disappointing.  It wouldn't be if I had only yesterday or last week made the request, but many things I have mentioned were years ago.  5 YEARS since the start of this thread!  There's no excuse for not having implemented improvements to crop marks in that time.  None whatsoever.

Just now, JDW said:

I'm happy to hear it, because that is precisely what I have been trying to do, working here in Japan for a Japanese company.  But despite my speaking in native English, my words in this forum are still largely ignored.  No action by Serif on this or most of my other feature requests.  It's very disappointing.  It wouldn't be if I had only yesterday or last week made the request, but many things I have mentioned were years ago.  YEARS!

Yes me too, I too asked Serif to add it a couple times before.
Even though Affinity is useless as publishing/printing software in Japan without vertical writing mode, there are still small things that can improve usability easily.

• 3 weeks later...

@MEBA member of a user group is suggesting you to provide templates for Japanese formats.
Affinity have neither Japanese crop mark or Japanese B size paper,  which makes it difficult for casual users to use it.
So if you can't implement them sooner, they think you should provide templates at least.

We may be able to help you to create the templates, but not all users are participating a user group, so the template should be provided on the official site.