You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trial for publisher

18 minutes ago, Jigar said:

Hello,

I can't see the option for Publisher trial?

Is it not available or i am missing something?

Thanks,

Jigar..

Hello @Jigar,

a trial version is anounced to be released but not available yet. I assume it won't take too much time.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I'm not sure there is a trial at the moment

Anyway, you are currently better off buying the official version at 20% off

If you don't like it you can return it for a full refund up to 14 days later

If you do like it you have benefitted by the 20% off deal which won't be repeated for a while

(PS I think that 20% off deal may end this week)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

(PS I think that 20% off deal may end this week)

Just found out it ends on the 3rd July

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The first slide in the Affinity Photo splash screen is currently advertising a free trial of Affinity Publisher. It just links to the Publisher page, where there is no mention of a trial. I guess they must be planning to release one but published the ad by accident!

414747919_ScreenShot2019-06-28at10_52_18AM.png.28055af4d6f173ade4200fb4f79b850c.png

• Staff

@timd.mackey

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

That is exactly what has happened. I'll hurry the trial (and it's button) along in the website.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@timd.mackey

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

That is exactly what has happened. I'll hurry the trial (and it's button) along in the website.

Yes, please, ASAP, and please keep the discount in place long enough to get through a reasonable trial period. :-)

13 minutes ago, Dan Brooks said:

Actually, it is July 4th in the USA and the discount is still on.

Not as far as I can see.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Dan Brooks said:

I don't know what the price was before, so either the price isn't accurate on the Mac AppStore, or the "** Special Offer.. **" needs to be removed?

2107959323_ScreenShot2019-07-04at1_28_03PM.png.04456903ee2da7cd63f2319abcfc1f52.png 

@MattP

The offer string still seems to be active in some locales. Can you do this before tomorrow morning?

@Dan Brooks

Is that a US$ price please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dan Brooks said:

Thanks Patrick

Mac, of course. ;-) ,

Try this: https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1

The current standard installer IS the trial installer. If you don't have a product key (which you get when you buy it) just press Start Trial

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@Jigar

What OS are you on. if MacOS use the link in the last post. If Windows use this https://store.serif.com/update/windows/publisher/1/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@timd.mackey

On 6/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, timd.mackey said:

I guess they must be planning to release one but published the ad by accident!

Apparently that is exactly what happened. It disappeared within a day or so and will return when the trial button appears on the website :-/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

28 minutes ago, Dan Brooks said:

I don't know what the price was before, so either the price isn't accurate on the Mac AppStore, or the "** Special Offer.. **" needs to be removed?

Ah. I was looking at the Affinity Store.

Discount price there was $39.99 as I recall. So yes, it looks like that "special offer" tag shouldn't be there :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

29 minutes ago, Dan Brooks said:

Much better. Folks here should be very happy to have access to the trial.

Note that the trial (if like the others) runs for 10 consecutive days from the time the program is first opened and the option "Start Trial" chosen (after it's installed).

-- Walt
PC: