You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue When Saving or Exporting a File in AP

I don't know if anyone is experiencing this, but ever since the latest update, whenever I attempt to SAVE or EXPORT a file, I get the prompt "examplefilename.afphoto already exists. Do you want to replace it?" 

To answer your question, no, another file with the same name does NOT already exist. This has been happening straight and the only way to get past it is to choose the option "yes" to replace the file that supposedly already exists. But my worry is that I don't know if actual files (with different names, of course) are really being replaced on my computer. And I guess I won't know until I am ready to use that specific file, only to find it missing. 

Can someone please help me with this issue? 

Thanks. 

• Staff

Hey Annfinity,

First of all, where are you saving the files? Locally or to a network/cloud?

On 6/28/2019 at 3:07 AM, Annfinity said:

But my worry is that I don't know if actual files (with different names, of course) are really being replaced on my computer.

I don't know if this is possible or not but it would also worry me. It sounds like it's definitely overwriting something...

1 hour ago, Annfinity said:

Hi, @Chris B. When I am saving both locally and in the cloud. I would make up names like "tttkkklllllhyJuly2nd2019" just to test it, and I would still get the prompt that there's already a file by that name. It's happening with every single document, new or old. 

Do you have any virus / malware protection installed?

20 hours ago, Annfinity said:

I have AVG only now. I had Malwarebytes also, but uninstalled it a few days ago to test if it might have been a culprit also, but now it's off and I'm still having issues.  

Do you have protected folders enabled in Windows?

@Mark Ingram No I don't. Though his issue is about files that're already there. For me, it's reverse, affinity is telling me I already have a file with that name. Since yesterday though, I notice I haven't been getting the prompt whenever I try to save to the "Downloads" folder. But I get it when trying to save anywhere else - Dropbox, One Drive Desktop etc.