You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush rotation crash

• Staff

Hi Raymondo,
What brush (if one of the defaults) or set (bought from third parties) are you using? I'm having trouble crashing the program using brush rotation no matter how fast or how much I rotate them. What's the size of the brush you are using? Does it also crash if you turn Metal compute acceleration off in Affinity Photo Preferences, Performance section?

Hi MEB

Well they are third party hair brushes. I have to admit I need to test more to see if other brushes do the same. I will try turning off metal compute as well and see where I am then. Will come back to you in due course and let you know if the problem persists.

Hi MEB

Ok, after testing various things I have discovered what I believe to have created the problem. What I hadn’t realised was that my right hand was allowing my pen to make contact with the tablet while I was looking at the screen. It appears that if you attempt to rotate the brush while you’re pen is in contact with the tablet then the app is likely to crash. Keeping the pen away, the brush seems fine. So, problem over I think. Worth noting if this ever pops up again as a problem.

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Hi MEB

Ok, after testing various things I have discovered what I believe to have created the problem. What I hadn’t realised was that my right hand was allowing my pen to make contact with the tablet while I was looking at the screen. It appears that if you attempt to rotate the brush while you’re pen is in contact with the tablet then the app is likely to crash. Keeping the pen away, the brush seems fine. So, problem over I think. Worth noting if this ever pops up again as a problem.

Not here on Mac with Wacom. I can rotate while drawing or not rotate while drawing. Set the angle with the arrow key looking at the brush preview and if I want to I can rotate with the keys while drawing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.