You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to get a sort of contrast negation where I erase the part where 2 shapes intersect. In my first example, I placed both circles in a group and I apply an Erase blend mode on the first. This totally erased the other circle from the intersection point. In my second example, I use the contrast negate blend mode and it gives something closer to the result I want. I want it to erase the intersection area but retain the other parts. How may I do this? i.e that teal-like color should go away and take the background gray color.

Screenshot 2019-06-27 11.12.05.png

Edited by silverdust
Changed image

Instead of messing around with blend modes, can’t you simply use the ‘Xor’ (aka ‘Combine’) Geometry command? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I can but the 2 reasons why I'm not doing so is 1) These circles are just a contrived example. In the real case, one of the circles is a group of shapes that make up a logo. Clicking it against the single circle does not allow the combine feature since it's a group. 2) I would like to repeat this same thing with mix-blend-mode on the web so I wanted to know how best to achieve this with affinity blend modes.

• Staff
On 6/27/2019 at 5:34 PM, silverdust said:

I can but the 2 reasons why I'm not doing so is 1) These circles are just a contrived example. In the real case, one of the circles is a group of shapes that make up a logo. Clicking it against the single circle does not allow the combine feature since it's a group. 2) I would like to repeat this same thing with mix-blend-mode on the web so I wanted to know how best to achieve this with affinity blend modes.

Hi Silver dust,

I don't think there is any way to do this using blend modes I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.