You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inside bleed shows bleed of other spread

In publisher I use 'spreads' view.

The printing company wants me to set a 1 mm bleed and export as pages instead of spreads (option: 'all pages' on export page).

The thing is that my exported PDF shows the inside bleed of the next page instead of its own. Same for the next page (shows bleed from previous page). [see picture]

I'm no expert in publishing but this looks weird from my point of view. Is this the normal behaviour or is it a bug?

I want to be sure before sending my file for printing.

Thank you

bleed.png

Edited by 29axe

• Staff

Hi 29axe,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you provide the .AFpub file in question so I can look into this further with you?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

This doesn't happen for me when I export the file what are you using to View the exported PDF? If you increase the bleed to something like 10mm to make it more visible does the issue still occur?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff
On 6/27/2019 at 2:27 PM, 29axe said:

In publisher I use 'spreads' view.

The printing company wants me to set a 1 mm bleed and export as pages instead of spreads (option: 'all pages' on export page).

The thing is that my exported PDF shows the inside bleed of the next page instead of its own. Same for the next page (shows bleed from previous page). [see picture]

I'm no expert in publishing but this looks weird from my point of view. Is this the normal behaviour or is it a bug?

I want to be sure before sending my file for printing.

Thank you

bleed.png

With a facing page document, then this is expected. If you have content that goes across spread and it will be printed as a booklet/book then this is fine as the printer will impose the pages with the inner bleed removed.

If you don't need to have content that goes across the facing spread (both left and right pages) then switch the document type to non facing.

4 minutes ago, TonyB said:

With a facing page document, then this is expected. If you have content that goes across spread and it will be printed as a booklet/book then this is fine as the printer will impose the pages with the inner bleed removed.

If you don't need to have content that goes across the facing spread (both left and right pages) then switch the document type to non facing.

Okay that's what I was wondering. I want to print a brochure with stapples (from printcarrier), so I would rather know that before ordering so that I don't lose 500 bucks on that. ;-)

4 minutes ago, 29axe said:

I want to print a brochure with stapples (from printcarrier),

Therefore appears to be no solution yet in AfPub. – This thread doesn't solve either but touches the goal, too:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1