You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.7.2.146)

If you start to rummage around in the Resources folder, you can probably figure out which PNG files can be swapped to help you identify the Beta App's photo persona icon, again to help you from getting confused visually once you are in the app itself...

kirk

Also - MODS - if what I am doing is violating terms of the beta usage, or is just morally reprehensible in general, please let me know and I will delete these posts.  Just trying to be helpful based on the previous posts.

kirk

AppIconPreview.jpg

Hey now!

Here is a link to a ZIP with a bunch of icons and art, including a "Beta" splash screen.  Put them in the Resources folder in the .app package if you want to give it a try.  It includes the green "beta" icon for the Photo persona, dimmed and active, light and dark interface, as well as Dock icons, and app icons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0xpstb9fmdajcx/APPICONS Test.zip?dl=0

kirk

NewScreen.jpg

10 hours ago, Chris B said:

Broken how? Do you have a screenshot? 

By broken I mean when layers is checked under View > Studio > Layers nothing shows up. I didn't make a bug report yet since I thought what this beta did was fix that. This bug only happens on my iMac and not my MacBook. This is similar to the another bug on Publisher (that I did report) where what was wrong only happened on the iMac and not the MacBook.

@Chris B I wanted to make a correction when I said the beta didn't have this problem. I just came across a previous post where I talked about the beta's problem with color correction but I also had the problem of the layers panel not showing up. I don't have access to my iMac at the moment but I bet clearing the user data will solve this problem.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:16 AM, KipV said:

127 and 128 have been by far the buggiest versions of Photo 1.7 for me. When I go to studio > layers the layers panel won't open. Some layers have color shifts. Everything works in 125 which is still installed on one of my Macs.

4 hours ago, KipV said:

Clearing user data got the layers panel back as expected.

For situations like issues with the Studio, you might try View > Studio > Reset Studio. It's simpler, and if it works, you lose less.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I am more of a hobbyist at this time though I want to start freelancing in the future. For me I don't have any problems with the existing software that would impel me to use a Beta to get fixes. I'm okay with waiting for the release.

With new products such as Publisher was, I will jump on Betas early as possible.

Hello Guys !

Happu to be back in the Beta challenge.
Thank you @Andy Somerfield & @MEB this is a so great pleasure for me !
Now, let's see what i can create with this new baby as long as beta cycle runs.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

(I added this in feature quests for retail store discussion, but perhaps this is also relevant in the beta discussion).

As a longtime Photoshop user coming into Affinity Photo for pro work I wanted to suggest improvement for Photo's curve adjustment tool.

Curves works great but I think the picker tool needs to be able to instantly pick on the curves graph as I click on areas in the picture. Right now I can add points but I have to wiggle left or right in order for the point to be added, and then I might accidentally pull the curve up or down slightly when all I wanted to do was to select a point.  Use case for this is that I might want to select all the color areas in a face and protect those ranges.  Or select a few area in a landscape and pull all those areas up and down.  I mention this because I can easily and quickly do this in Photoshop but this is one of those things where I really struggle with in Photo.

However I have an idea for making curves better in Photo than Photoshop.  What if I could lasso or shift-select a given range of points I have made in curves?  How amazing would that be.  Then I can pull a select group of points up or down and this becomes quite powerful. Think of this like the ability to move a selected group of vector points in Designer. You can't do this in Photoshop. Perhaps you can just pull up the points or stretch the selection - I'm referring to all that you can do in Designer with selected vector points.

He made it look simple, yet dramatic result.  A Challenge for Affinity Photo tutorial to come?

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.