You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Schatten nach aussen multiplizieren spart bei PDF-Ausgabe aus

Wenn ich den Ebeneneffekt "Schatten nach außen" mit den Farbwerten c=0, m=0, y=0, k=100% definiere und diesen im Mischmodus "Multiplizieren" ausgebe und der entstehende Schatten über einer anderen Farbe liegt, z.B. c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0 wird bei der Druckausgabe über PDF (egal welche Weise) der Schatten auf der untenliegenden Farbe (c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0) ausgespart. Dieses gravierende Fehlverhalten existiert bei allen Affinity-Produkten, also Photo, Designer und Publisher. so macht es die Programme für die professionelle Druckausgabe unbrauchbar.

Schatten spart aus.png

Edited by designy

On 6/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, designy said:

If I define the layer effect "Shadow to the outside" with the color values c=0, m=0, y=0, k=100% and output it in the blend mode "Multiply" and the resulting shadow lies over another color, e.g. c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0, the shadow on the underlying color (c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0) is omitted when printing via PDF (no matter how). This serious misconduct exists with all affinity products, i.e. Photo, Designer and Publisher. This makes the programs unusable for professional print output.

Wenn ich den Ebeneneffekt "Schatten nach außen" mit den Farbwerten c=0, m=0, y=0, k=100% definiere und diesen im Mischmodus "Multiplizieren" ausgebe und der entstehende Schatten über einer anderen Farbe liegt, z.B. c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0 wird bei der Druckausgabe über PDF (egal welche Weise) der Schatten auf der untenliegenden Farbe (c=0, m=100%, y=100%, k=0) ausgespart. Dieses gravierende Fehlverhalten existiert bei allen Affinity-Produkten, also Photo, Designer und Publisher. so macht es die Programme für die professionelle Druckausgabe unbrauchbar.

Schatten spart aus.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi both,

This is expected. Layer FX are not vectors. So, any FX you apply to any objects will rasterise them. You can only have overprint black on vector shapes and not raster shapes. So, that shadow being a raster object, will be made of "CMYK" as opposed to only K, and it will be "mixed" with the colour underneath. This behaviour is expected. I'm not entirely sure why you think this is a problem, as it will print fine. 

Thanks,

Gabe., 

Hello, GabrielM,
but multiply with an upper shadow means that the lower color is preserved, no matter if vector or pixel data! Furthermore, this looks terrible printed in sheet-fed offset.  I have built the whole thing here at home in QuarkXpress and had a professional print output created, looks really good here.
Furthermore, all elements in the affinity file, apart from the shadow effect, are vector data!

Greetings
designy

German:

Hallo GabrielM,
aber multiplizieren bei einem obenliegenden Schatten heisst, dass die untenliegende Farbe erhalten bleibt, egal ob Vektor- oder Pixel-Daten! Weiterhin sieht das im Bogenoffset gedruckt ganz fürchterlich aus. Ich habe hier Zuhause das Ganze in QuarkXpress nachgebaut und eine professionelle Druckausgabe erstellen lassen, sieht hierbei richtig gut aus.
Ferner alle Elemente in der Affinity-Datei, abgesehen vom Schatten-Effekt, sind Vektor-Daten!

Gruß
designy

• Staff
On 7/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, designy said:

Hello, GabrielM,
but multiply with an upper shadow means that the lower color is preserved, no matter if vector or pixel data! Furthermore, this looks terrible printed in sheet-fed offset.  I have built the whole thing here at home in QuarkXpress and had a professional print output created, looks really good here.
Furthermore, all elements in the affinity file, apart from the shadow effect, are vector data!

I see where you're coming from. That blend mode is not on the layer, but on an FX applied to that layer. FX are not supported in PDF, so they get rasterised, but the layer blend mode is still "normal" and not multiply, what you're left with now is a layer that has a shadow baked into it, with a normal blend mode. I hope this makes more sense

Hello, GabrielM,
but it's not about effects to the layer or rasterized or not at all, it's about preserving the color under the shadow effect. So, since the shadow is pure black (0,0,0,100) and I set black to overprint when exporting to PDF, the color under the shadow must be preserved. These are definitely bugs in the affinity products. The same effects in QuarkXpress or InDesign get the underlying color when output to PDF! Why not Affinity? There is no error in the PDF output!

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have very similar problem. I have already tried everything when printing fonts with the layer effect "outer shadow". Converted to curves, of course, grids and trimmers or just grids. I've written every possible pdf, there are always incorrect results in the print.
There is an angular field around the writing, which is either darkened or has a light background. Everything is displayed correctly in the file, but it is badly incorrect in the print. (There were never any drop shadow issues in Illustrator.)

I've already learned a lot and I'm about to believe that Affinity Designer is useless for printing. Does anyone have an idea how to proceed to rule out such errors? Thanks for an answers

1625822522558.jpg

1625822487630.jpg

Edited by sg-unikate