You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Where are my Plug-ins?

I previously had NIK and Topaz available as plug-ins under the "Filters" drop down menu.

I just went to use Topaz and when I invoked the drop down menu, neither Topaz nor NIK were there.

I can still run Topaz Studio as a stand alone program but how do I get it, and NIK, to appear under my "Filters" drop down menu?

I presume this has happened following the recent 1.7 update? (I'm on Windows v1.7.1)

Hi, 

It might be but i didn't lose any of my plugins until i did a 'Reset User Defaults'.

What do you see when you go to Edit>Preferences>Photoshop Plugins?

You should see my image below, make sure you have the box ticked for 'Allow Unknown plugins to be used' and you might need to re-add the plugin folders.

Capture.PNG

I went to the photoshop>plugins page and there was nothing listed.

I've managed to add Topaz to the drop down list, but although I've been to my NIK folder, I cannot open the sub-folders in Affinity, although I can open them with Windows file viewer.
So I cannot add NIK to the "Filters" drop down.
I'm not sure what's going on.

Yes, the "Allow unknown plugins" checkbox is ticked.
I can see all my Topaz filters, but I don't seem to be able to install NIK.
I have the original Google versions of NIK, and none of them will show up in Affinity.

Thanks for the link to the other thread.
I will study it to see if it is helpful when I have some more time.

No problem, i would post on that thread and see if anyone can work out why they're not getting added to the plugin list, from what I've read the NIK plugins should be in a Google folder that gets added to Affinity plugins folder when they're installed.