You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor hand

Hi.  If I select a tool and then use the space bar to get the hand cursor icon to move the photo about, when I release the space bar the hand stays showing instead of immediately reverting back to the original tool icon.  That feels odd.

Often, the hand will change to the tool if I move the mouse, which isn't ideal - or click which I may not want to do as that activates the tool.

However, in some cases the hand remains there (again unless I click or) unless I move it to the tool bar and back again (without clicking, doesn't need to be the same tool).  This has happened with the floodfill tool, selection brush and colour picker - I haven't tried many other tools.

Thanks.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, and for me it's happening with nearly all the tools (Zoom, Clone, Paint brush, Selection brush, Eraser, etc.) and nearly all Live Filters (Clarity, High Pass, Denoise, Lens Distortion, etc.).

This problem appeared with the 1.7 update (maybe the 1.7.1?); before that update it wasn't there.

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, c_moon said:

Hi.  If I select a tool and then use the space bar to get the hand cursor icon to move the photo about, when I release the space bar the hand stays showing instead of immediately reverting back to the original tool icon.  That feels odd.

Often, the hand will change to the tool if I move the mouse, which isn't ideal - or click which I may not want to do as that activates the tool.

However, in some cases the hand remains there (again unless I click or) unless I move it to the tool bar and back again (without clicking, doesn't need to be the same tool).  This has happened with the floodfill tool, selection brush and colour picker - I haven't tried many other tools.

Thanks.

Nigel

Hi Chris

This still seems to be a problem - including the latest beta.

Thanks

Nigel

• 9 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Hand cursor gets stuck after panning) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...