You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Effect Styles

macmikeal

Thanks Mike some great styles there for text

One of the things I find confusing is the naming structure with affinity files, when people say text styles and it is obvious what type of style the are best for yet affinity has a separate section for text styles which does not recognise styles files if you try to import from that tab, it is for the typographical format of the text itself and has its own file format presumably?

The other thing that would be good is when a style file is saved having been applied to text you could have the option to not include the font and point size or if there is an option when applying a style to retain the font and point size of the text I have not discovered it yet and would be pleased for any enlightenment.

Once again thanks  Mike for the great collection

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Mike, thank you for sharing your work. I am trying to figure things out with Publisher... I dragged and dropped the Mike_styles.afstyles which resulted in message that the style group has been imported. Where can I find it? It is not in the list of the Text Styles panel.

I think Affinity calls these Artistic Styles. Where Text styles are bold, italic, underline. In Photoshop I create a text of 100 Point name it Text. That way I bring it up highlight and replace with text I wish and crop to size. Usually save as a png to put in Power Point or Keynote. I will post some more today. I probably have 1000+ of these I have created over 30 years of using And teaching Photoshop.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...