You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue Placing RAW Files On Top Of Other Photos

Hi, 

I have been using ap on iPad for approx 2 years. I do property photography so regularly have layers of photos for a bit, flash, masking in window view etc  I shoot only raw files using my Nikon z6. Now I’ve experienced some issues when I first got my z6, but I believe this was down to apples code. However, this was all fixed so happy days. I started creating stacks of raw photos, regularly  4, 5 sometimes more photos. I’d occasionally try to place another photo on top without issues. This was all prior to the first 1.7 update, now since the update things aren’t working correctly. I can stack raw photos, but if I try to place another photo on top by clicking on the screen a very small file opens (photo attached). When I expand the photo there is a black band at the top and bottom and the resolution of the photo is terrible (photo attached). I tried it a different way by opened one photo and after closing the raw persona tried to place a photo on top. Same problem. Is there a simple solution as this is causing me a headache? Apart from that I like the new interface!!

Many Thanks

Darren

Ps I used a brightness contrast adjustment to brighten the photo with the banding etc, but nothing else!

EA6FEC5A-6622-448E-88F2-A6B1252CDC1D.png

27F8BFCC-6C2F-48B9-BFC1-6A6B61EA6172.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2019 at 8:48 AM, Chris B said:

Hi Darren,

We found this internally a few days ago. It's with the developers but I've also given it a poke with your post. Sorry for the hassle :/

Hi Chris,

I’ve updated to the new version and tested some of the issues I had. Thankfully a lot of issues are now resolved, apart from this issue with placing photos on top. Has this issue actually been addressed in the latest update? If not I just want to clarify what’s happening in case it helps.

I upload all my Nikon z6 raw files from xqd card, via Sony card reader, to my iPad Pro. They’re then put into a file labelled with the property address. I open between 2-7 raw files by stacking them (with every option but live perspective) in AP. So all of that goes well, mostly. Occasionally I get a solitary line through one of the pictures, I resolve this by reloading them. Can’t upload a picture of this at present. Also don’t know if this was a known issue. 

I then do all my normal masking, blending etc. 

The only time I can resolve this is if I load a solitary picture into AP, that I want to place on top of a stack. Save it as a jpeg file in iCloud, in the actual affinity folder, wait for it to completely upload into the iCloud then place it on a stack I’m working on. Obviously this is a pain as it’s time consuming. 

Thanks

Darren

Hi Chris, sorry it’s the same issue as first described. But occasionally one of the pictures in the stack has a horizontal line either fully across or partially across. I didn’t know if this was connected to the other issue so I wanted to highlight it. I’ll try to replicate the line issue and attach a picture. 

When I stack, however many pics, I don't get any issues apart from the occasional line that I wanted to highlight. It’s when I’ve already got a stack or a single photograph and I go into place one on top. That’s when I get a picture with black bands at the top and bottom and low resolution. Like the original picture I attached. I can send pictures for you to check, but it applies to every photograph that I import from my iPad Pro

Let me me know what you want me to do?

many thanks

darren