Roland Rick

Is there a difference between Publisher of App Store and Serif's own Store

Hi guys

1. Is there a difference between those two kind of purchases?
  2. Do they technically differ?
  3. If I purchase from App Store, how to get the "BONUS - RetroSupply Co. Font Collection"?

Thanks for help!

CU and I am really keen on Publisher (Y),
Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

1. Your contract is with a different supplier, and the installation and update mechanisms also differ.

2. The two apps are functionally identical apart from any restrictions that sandboxing imposes on the Mac App Store version.

3. There’s a download link on the Welcome screen.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi, many thanks for reply.

To "2.", I understand sandboxing as security enhancement. Are there any sacrifices to speed or so in comparison to the Serif Store version (as I understood: this version has no sandboxing).

Many thanks for help in advance!

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

1. Your contract is with a different supplier, and the installation and update mechanisms also differ.

2. The two apps are functionally identical apart from any restrictions that sandboxing imposes on the Mac App Store version.

3. There’s a download link on the Welcome screen.

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

1 hour ago, Roland Rick said:

Hi, many thanks for reply.

You’re very welcome.

To "2.", I understand sandboxing as security enhancement. Are there any sacrifices to speed or so in comparison to the Serif Store version (as I understood: this version has no sandboxing).

Not as far as I’m aware.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)