You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey there 

Can someone from fellow colleagues point me how do I blend two or more images together, to create simple product shoot composite with a liquid?

please see below an example

what I am looking is how to blend different objects with liquids eg pain milk etc

thanks

Marcin

IMG_2203.PNG

Mac or Windows?

Which app do you want to use?

What do you mean by blending?

Do you have images/graphics showing or simulating any liquids or will you want to create the effect of liquid?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

thanks for the quick reply

I guess it may be a bit difficult to explain since my first language is not English

but here it goes.

I am using affinity photo(mac) and got a fairly basic understanding of layers and masks, I shoot mostly beers(first photo) and often I use splashes to tie the composition together. I find it difficult to let say blend a photo of a strawberry with milk in such a way it looks like strawberry is in the liquid if that makes any sense.

I can put the liquid behind or in front but can't blend it together 

here is a second photo only for the purpose of explanation red paint splash and a slice of lemon, how to blend it together to make an illusion that paint is around the slice.

lemon2.jpg

IMG_2167 2.JPG

Using the lemon as an example you would make a selection of the red enough to cover parts of the lemon. As an example I have saved this with history.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-26-at-20-08-17.png

oreo milk splash.afphoto

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Take a look at this short video I knocked up. 

3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Take a look at this short video I knocked up. 

cool got it now. tried selection and the sharp edge of selection don't blend well with the fruit

tried to mask, its a bit better but still, it looks odd, 

still thanks for affinity file and video

6 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

cool got it now. tried selection and the sharp edge of selection don't blend well with the fruit

tried to mask, its a bit better but still, it looks odd

Try adding some drop shadow for more realism and i sometimes use the smudge brush around a sharp edge to soften it a bit.

I dare bet a lot of the milk and paint splash images were created in 3D apps like Cinema 4D with Realflow and even Blender.