You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panels vs menu bar

As I tried to rearrange my panels on my second screen, I accidentally pushed them under the menu bar. So I had to turn off the menu bar in the system preferences to move them again.

And can you please make the studio panels layout saveable? It is a lot of work to arrange them like I want to. Thank you!

Panels.png

iMac 27" with macOS Mojave (German)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, stmartin said:

panels on my second screen,

52 minutes ago, fde101 said:

in situations like that

In situation like that I would prefer the window management of Affinity apps will be able to work harmless with more than one monitor.

Though I haven't tried the spectacle.app I doubt it would work with panels like in cases, when panels get placed off the screens because of an existing bug.
For instance if I select "Reset Studio" I get this result:

167168771_monitorsndscreen-resetstudioKopie.thumb.jpg.44c5673ab52f5b0911a7952949263328.jpg

Whereas the other monitor is placed below, not to the right, where the panels become reset.

1699845920_monitorsystemmenubararrangement.jpg.63e6dad6cb38f43254465402c96ffb96.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

19 minutes ago, thomaso said:

In situation like that I would prefer the window management of Affinity apps will be able to work harmless with more than one monitor.

Sure, I'd rather the various other apps I've used that have similar issues also worked in a manner that promoted greater sanity, but I've seen various issues with other apps too that this one has helped me out of.  It's a useful tool to have on hand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, Jon P said:

Hi stmartin,

Do you have the menu bar set to auto hide? I find it hard to get it "stuck" under the menu bar unless I use auto hide

Hi Jon,

No, my menu bar is NOT set to auto hide. Maybe because it was on my second screen. I do encounter a similar bug in Adobe Illustrator, where one specific palette pushes all my palettes to the main screen, but at least I can always reset them to a saved state. Which I would love to have in your applications.

iMac 27" with macOS Mojave (German)

I ran into this exact same problem.  My layers panel got stuck under the menu bar on my second screen. Spectacle did save me. I clicked on the Layers panel and then used Spectacle to resize and move that window to the lower right corner of my screen. I could then grab the panel and place it.