You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo. Slow on iPad Pro.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to increase the speed of Affinity Photo on IPad Pro (256gb, 12.9inch, os 12.3.1)?

I work on a 125mb file.  2900px by 2700px. Around 100 layers.  I erase my history every 5 minutes but after a while I have to wait 30-40 seconds between each « clicks ». If I close the application and reopen it, I can work normally for max 6-7 minutes.

Is there anything I can do? I try to merge my layers but I work on very complex visuals.  Is there a way to merge my layers while keeping everything editable in another document (like in Photoshop with « smart object ».)?

thanks a lot

1 hour ago, Sambeaup said:

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to increase the speed of Affinity Photo on IPad Pro (256gb, 12.9inch, os 12.3.1)?

I work on a 125mb file.  2900px by 2700px. Around 100 layers.  I erase my history every 5 minutes but after a while I have to wait 30-40 seconds between each « clicks ». If I close the application and reopen it, I can work normally for max 6-7 minutes.

Is there anything I can do? I try to merge my layers but I work on very complex visuals.  Is there a way to merge my layers while keeping everything editable in another document (like in Photoshop with « smart object ».)?

thanks a lot

Hello,

I actually have the same issue working on a PSD or tiff files 200mb in size with only 4 layers. It takes several seconds to see the result of a brush.

I am running 12.9 inch Ipad pro (2nd gen.)  (256gb, 12.9inch, os 12.3.1).

I am not sure if the issue was present with previous versions of affinity app.

It would be nice to know if it is a hardware limitation or software and any possible way around it ?

I have checked that with affinity app opened only 6% of Ipad's RAM is free, I am not a developer but it seems affinity is eating up a significant amount of RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Im not a professional, but have spent several months on AP. What seens to work best for me is to find a way to break the project down into separate files, do a merge-visible and assemble the merged images into a final version.