You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Isolated editing" not always working

IPv6

There is annoying bug in 1.7.1 with editing layers in isolated mode - Alt-clicking on layer preview in layer outliner
In some specific situations it stops working until additional actions, which is annoying
In my case i have parent group which is hidden (visibility checkbox is off), but layers inside it are "visible" (visibility checkbox on)

I frequently Alt-clicking into this layers to copy-paste specific elements from this layers. With parent layer still hidden

In 1.7.0 (and in some betas of 1.7.1) this worked like a charm, always. Alt-click, select part of that layer (which is visible on screen), click on another layer to leave isolated editing

In 1.7.1 release, after several isolated editings - alt-clicking stops working completely // AP just do nothing after alt-clicking on such layer (visible layer INSIDE hidden group) 

You have to on/off visibility checkbox on parent layer to make Alt-clicking work again - but for some time only //

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey IPv6,

Does double clicking work? It does for me but if I just single click it seems hit and miss...

Hm... i tried and this indeed works! Tnx. I mean when single alt-click stops to work - then double-click "unlock" situation. Similar to checkbox ticking

Still, normal way (by documentation) to enter isolated mode is to alt-click once. and another click on another layer - to exit this mode.
Randomly switching method between single and double clicks is not user-friendly, imho

• 4 weeks later...