You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Default Palette Swatches :: contradictory Values + wrong output

The default color palettes "Greys" and "Colors" show different CMYK values, depending on the panel you look at.
It appears with click on such a predefined swatch the Swatches panel value look more as wanted than synchronously shown in the Color panel.

For instance, the default "Greys", named "Black xx%", are shown in swatches as CMYK 1-color Black only – whereas its value in color panel is shown as 4-color Black.
Unfortunately not the expected value from the swatches panel gets exported but the unwanted and unexpected color panel value instead !

Black 50% :
– swatches p:    0  0  0 50
– color panel:  55 42 42 9

Yellow HSL 42 90 50:
– swatches p:  0  28  95  5
– color panel:  1  34  92  2

How can or should the default palettes be used in a CMYK-.afpub? - Just ignore a wrong value?
But then, how can I use the standard shades of grey, which are only apparently tints of 100 K, and export them as a single color channel instead of 4-color in CMYK print?

726151677_swatchescmykdifferences2defaultgreys.jpg.00c5406f3c6aef7fe7ea82b2351b5eab.jpg     1996842270_swatchescmykdifferences1defaultcolors.jpg.5f93f7b0e4f56ce3f19ff555365502ab.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Cosmetic supplement:

Since AfPublisher's retail version (v.408) the default palette "Colours" show its swatches in a new sort-by-colour order.
Whereas in beta versions these swatches got sorted by Saturation first, now they are grouped by saturation and mixed with Hue in between. That way now for instance Reds and Yellows appear mixed.

Is there a way for me to reset this sort-by-color order back to the "old style"?

"Colours" sorted by color: Beta versus final release:

1958904114_swatchescolorshslorderbycolorbeta.jpg.731bd47da13f32553b11cdf0cea4fc24.jpg    1076181352_swatchescolorshslorderbycolorv408.jpg.ea8615311227d874c41bf0fcf01b690b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any luck yet? I am EXTREMELY new to affinity/ photoshop apps. Other than moving forward with uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot figure out how to default to the original swatch pallet, I'm not even sure how I managed to make it out of order.