You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I see the previous thread for loyal PagePlus users has been terminated, but I need to "vent my spleen" as I think I've been duped.

It's a pity you do not make it clear to prospective purchasers, that PagePlus files will not import into Affinity Publisher, I have used Page Plus from day one and have all my work in .ppp format.  Although Affinity Publisher appears to be a superior product I feel I have wasted my money on a product that I will now never use, after all why fix something that isn't broken if it causes more work.   Sadly I will cease my Affinity Publisher use before it really got started and continue with PagePlus, many thanks for nothing.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Billybob. :)

5 minutes ago, Billybob said:

I feel I have wasted my money

Affinity Publisher purchases are covered by the usual 14-day money back guarantee. To get a refund,  email AffinityReturns@serif.com with your order number before 3rd July (14 days from launch).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Some people seem to have a very selective memory. I knew from day one, that the old plus range would never be supported by Affinity. Until early this year, DrawPlus and PagePlus were on this laptop, while I switched to Affinity Windows from day one it became available. Now the legacy products are no longer on this laptop and I do not miss them. Everything which was important was recreated years ago and new drawings I used Affinity for.

I cannot understand why Affinity would be wasted money? I agree with Guyon, use Affinity for new publications. You are used to the Plus range and to be honest, when switching years ago, I also had my learning curve. Many times the temptation to use DrawPlus instead of Designer was great. However, I did not give in to this feeling and moved on. I asked a lot of (stupid) questions on this community when I really got in trouble. Now I am glad I did and changed. 

If you really find Affinity a waste of money, follow Alfred his advice and go for a refund. Serif will rather prefer to give you a refund than having an unhappy customer. It is your decision, move forward with Affinity, stay behind with the legacy Plus range or ask for a refund. 

Anyway, I am a very happy Affinity user. Despite my limited drawing skills, Affinity let me draw in ways it would be impossible otherwise.

Chris

On 6/26/2019 at 7:29 AM, Billybob said:

It's a pity you do not make it clear to prospective purchasers, that PagePlus files will not import into Affinity Publisher,

It should be clear to anyone who bothers to read the information about Publisher on the Affinity web pages, which state both the input and output formats that are supported:

image.png.39ae2d31bca245e87435191de66fba2f.png

image.png.4e76de1f6cd5ac0f454ea737c643e639.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, Billybob said:

I see the previous thread for loyal PagePlus users has been terminated, but I need to "vent my spleen" as I think I've been duped.

It's a pity you do not make it clear to prospective purchasers, that PagePlus files will not import into Affinity Publisher, I have used Page Plus from day one and have all my work in .ppp format.  Although Affinity Publisher appears to be a superior product I feel I have wasted my money on a product that I will now never use, after all why fix something that isn't broken if it causes more work.   Sadly I will cease my Affinity Publisher use before it really got started and continue with PagePlus, many thanks for nothing.

I don't think Affinity is a waste of money as I was aware that PagePlus X9 and previous file formats were not going to be supported. After all Affinity is a new cross platform range and not related to the excellent Plus range on Windows only. I do wish that Serif would provide a way to import stuff from their former ranges other than the PDF route but I understand why they haven't. I would like to see Affinity Plus reach the full feature equivalence of PagePlus X9 and, preferably exceed it soon.  It would also be nice to see the Serif Metafile Format developed in Affinity products, but they may have other ideas.

Certainly footnotes and endnotes, captions, table of figures, cross-references, barcode generation, grammar checker, proofreader, pre-flight check and hopefully more filter effects would be an excellent addition to Affinity, but we'll have to wait and see.

There should also be a Linux friendly / BSD port too, but I think that too is just a dream.