Jayden Brand

Does Batch Process apply edits without macros?

I have noticed that whenever I batch process my RAW images (Canon EOS 700d), Affinity Photo seems to apply some kind of grading to the images without macros.

When I take photos for friends or family, I convert all of the taken images to jpeg so that it is easier for me to view them on a phone and share if need be.

But I have noticed that batch process seems to pull the recoverable highlights down to viewable levels but overall darkens the entire image. Is this something with my display or how the computer renders the RAW files?

If there is a way to disable this processing, please let me know :)

Attached are the Batch Processed jpeg images and original RAW images, and a screenshot of the settings I am using within Batch Processing.

Regards,

Jayden

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2767.CR2

IMG_2765.CR2

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 13.12.55.png

IMG_2765.jpg

I cant unzip your zip file, if someone else confirms you may need to upload it again

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

I cant unzip your zip file, if someone else confirms you may need to upload it again

Confirmed here. I get a file whose size is reported as 69.1 MB, but I can’t unzip it.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

There are lot of reports of raw files becoming darker than expected when using the batch job function of APhoto and exporting to jpgs

Serif are aware but there is no fix as yet

The recommended approach is to write then add a small macro to the batch job process which "lightens" the image to compensate for the darkening effect in the batch job

29 minutes ago, Jayden Brand said:

Please let me know if anyone can see the images, I am struggling to open them after redownloading.

I could only access one of the raw images but it was enough to confirm the problem

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.