You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Batch Process apply edits without macros?

I have noticed that whenever I batch process my RAW images (Canon EOS 700d), Affinity Photo seems to apply some kind of grading to the images without macros.

When I take photos for friends or family, I convert all of the taken images to jpeg so that it is easier for me to view them on a phone and share if need be.

But I have noticed that batch process seems to pull the recoverable highlights down to viewable levels but overall darkens the entire image. Is this something with my display or how the computer renders the RAW files?

If there is a way to disable this processing, please let me know :)

Attached are the Batch Processed jpeg images and original RAW images, and a screenshot of the settings I am using within Batch Processing.

Regards,

Jayden

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2767.CR2

IMG_2765.CR2

Screenshot 2019-06-26 at 13.12.55.png

IMG_2765.jpg

I cant unzip your zip file, if someone else confirms you may need to upload it again

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

I cant unzip your zip file, if someone else confirms you may need to upload it again

Confirmed here. I get a file whose size is reported as 69.1 MB, but I can’t unzip it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

There are lot of reports of raw files becoming darker than expected when using the batch job function of APhoto and exporting to jpgs

Serif are aware but there is no fix as yet

The recommended approach is to write then add a small macro to the batch job process which "lightens" the image to compensate for the darkening effect in the batch job

29 minutes ago, Jayden Brand said:

Please let me know if anyone can see the images, I am struggling to open them after redownloading.

I could only access one of the raw images but it was enough to confirm the problem

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.